Time for iOS and Android to catch up...

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone has...

-tiles that update so I don't have to open an app to see important info
-one place that shows me all of my social media updates without ever needing to open the app
-people hub that links all of my contacts many different accounts in the world for one neat place to see them
-Rooms, which is my favorite. A place where I can privately share pics, docs, one note lists with my wife and another room for co-workers
-Kids Corner, nice to have a place where I can give people (not just kids) my phone to play a game without giving them access to my life

i will let others add there own things

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone has...

-one place that shows me all of my social media updates without ever needing to open the app
-people hub that links all of my contacts many different accounts in the world for one neat place to see them
-Rooms, which is my favorite. A place where I can privately share pics, docs, one note lists with my wife and another room for co-workers
-Kids Corner, nice to have a place where I can give people (not just kids) my phone to play a game without giving them access to my life

Are you the 'smoked by windows phone' guy ?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On iOS/Android you also can't:

-Use sound enhancement apps that work with streaming as well as content stored on the phone
-Stream music files from the store seamlessly through the main media player
-integrate songs from the stores in auto generated mixes
-have a dynamic artist spotlight on lock screen and start screen while listening to music.
-Switch from mobile view to desktop view in settings.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
On iOS/Android you also can't:

-Use sound enhancement apps that work with streaming as well as content stored on the phone
-Stream music files from the store seamlessly through the main media player
-integrate songs from the stores in auto generated mixes
-have a dynamic artist spotlight on lock screen and start screen while listening to music.
-Switch from mobile view to desktop view in settings.

there is a eq, it works well
streaming works well, 'main' player is whichever app is chosen, so playstore, gmusic, mxplayer, vlc, or whatever will do that
there is a 'shuffle' button
lockscreen/startscreen, check
mobile/desktop is in extended controls (touch extreme L/R side of webpage) , or if one prefers, browser settings.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone has...

tiles- ok, called 'widgets' on other platforms
social media- apps for that, sorry, I personally don't do social media so I can't recommend a good one
people puller- mmm, no social media, seen a few, didn't like them, yours wins
rooms, I get the concept, that's neat. I think blackberry is doing it better with home/corporate access. still, kidzone is very specific, and a very good idea for pacifying kids of this era.

also, evernote and a shared account is doing very well for me and the wife. a new file, picture, document, pdf, anything... is attached and I can view and edit it immediately.

Good points, I was expecting a really tough comparison, but this is easy so far. Keep em coming.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone has...

I'm a Lumia 920 owner but those are some really weak points you've put up
  • widgets
  • tweetdeck (you have to open me tile for this, you open tweetdeck on android)
  • again tweetdeck does this
  • so basically a group IM client. there are a gazillion of them on Android
  • you can put privacy on apps like messages on Android

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
  • widgets

Weak verging on a little sad.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Group of all the girls I stalk can be pinned to my start screen so as soon as one of them is near me or had a fight with her potato salad, tile flips and tell me who and where to follow!

Disclaimer: that was a hypothetical scenario and I don't stalk people! ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
  • widgets

What group IM lets me share notes? And update real time?

Tweetdeck does LinkedIn too?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You mean OneNotes specifically, or notes generally? Because Skype lets you share files on Android. I'm not sure it does on Windows Phone? I've never actually tried.

I don't mind any notes, as long as you update there in your living room and I can do the same from mine. We don't create more than one copy. We edit the same copy at the same time or different time.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
  • widgets

The point is access to all those features without an app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb