Time for iOS and Android to catch up...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
it's a smartphone. surely you're not telling me installing an app is somehow an inconvenience? Plus tweetdeck has push notification support, which the Me tile does not

So you are telling me a smartphone is only smart if it does stuff AFTER installing a bunch of apps?

Tweeckdeck doesn't do LinkedIn.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So you are telling me a smartphone is only smart if it does stuff AFTER installing a bunch of apps?

no I'm telling you that a 'smart'phone is suppose to be more capable. And having real-time push notifications is one part of being capable, which the Me Tile does not offer.

Secondly at the end of the day you WILL need an app. I can explain to you the number of thing you can do with a dedicated app as opposed to built in integration but that will take several hours of typing.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
no I'm telling you that a 'smart'phone is suppose to be more capable. And having real-time push notifications is one part of being capable, which the Me Tile does not offer.

Secondly at the end of the day you WILL need an app. I can explain to you the number of thing you can do with a dedicated app as opposed to built in integration but that will take several hours of typing.
One word - Browser.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
One word - Browser.

While I agree with you about the browser giving you the ability to get around needing an app, the whole idea of some apps is that someone doesn't have to go into the browser and do something there. Not to mention the extra functionality one can get from an app that the browser won't allow (like native picture sharing to Facebook straight from the gallery). So, while a kind of agree with you that you don't NEED the app, I also must disagree with you that this is the optimal solution.

RJ G

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
While I agree with you about the browser giving you the ability to get around needing an app, the whole idea of some apps is that someone doesn't have to go into the browser and do something there. Not to mention the extra functionality one can get from an app that the browser won't allow (like native picture sharing to Facebook straight from the gallery). So, while a kind of agree with you that you don't NEED the app, I also must disagree with you that this is the optimal solution.

True, besides every phone has a browser, personally i use the browser to surf the internet but i need apps for Voip calling, that you cant do on a browser.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Errrr, well, if you do things besides access social media and webpages, yes.

There are better ways of presenting information than another browser tab. Some apps measure height, width, distances, gps coordinates, triangulate locations, pin waypoints, photowaypoints, reencode audio, video, trim and edit audio or video, add video transitions, estimate square footages, cubic yardage, convert from one standard to another, apply vr filters to landscapes, sync photos, sync files, tons of things.

A smart phone is not, should not, be limited to only browsing and accessing the web. Offline tasks are tha shizzle for improving and helping in everyday life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss