Are there any weather apps for 7.8 that make use of the double tile?

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I know it's early days, but just hoping. A vanity thing maybe, but there's some functionality that is added when the tile has more room to show information.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Only HTC Hub for now. Even though it's not optimized for 7.8, its support for large tile size since day 1 is an advantage. I've sideloaded the HTC Hub on my lumia 800, but live tile doesn't work as it needs interop-unlock and also HTC OEM driver, which obviously the lumia phones doesn't have.

The Weather Channel (from Nokia) for WP8 supports large tile, but needs to be updated soon for 7.8.

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Weather Channel app, along with every other third party live tile app (true live tile, not just two static images) does not work unless updated by the developer. At least this is what I'm noticing... Correct?

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, that's the case. Hopefully some of the more eager devs will push out an update so I can get the double tile - I'm willing to switch to a new app to get it.

maci dub

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Weather View has a really nice double tile, wish there was an add-free pay version.
Gismeteo is great, but no double tile.
I really wish The Weather Channel would have updated the Weather app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans