Cycling/route tracking app?

AdalLS

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can anyone recommend a good cycling/tracking app? I've tried the one that has the most ratings (and a really long name) but it doesn't seem to work (anymore?). I've tried another one called "Cycle Log" but it thinks I'm on a sport car rather than on a bike as it reports me going at 160 km/h...

Anything else?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Chaser, which is a client for the Strava website. While the website has lots of great features, the Chaser app is very bare-bones; start ride, end ride, and then it uploads. But it works well, and if you're not on Strava already you should be. :)

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I use GPS & GPX logger. Very dodgy interface (be careful when uploading) but it will log your ride and upload a gpx to your Dropbox account. You can then upload this manually to strava or whatever it is you use. Records elevation and speed etc.

Bryan Davis 1974

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Marathon! Very happy with it. And the battery life is good with the app. I recently did a 5 hour mountain bike ride and my phone was still around 60% at the end of the ride.

jcboliveira

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sports tracker.
Pro
Nice graphics nice companion site.
You can download the gpx using the site.
It estimates calories
You can use a HR sensor but I didn't test
Con
You have to use another site for correcting altitude
For road or commute the calories are correct but for mtb they are way off.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_portugal_431 using Board Express

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have used Sports Tracker and am pleased with it. I haven't tried Endomondo or Runtastic yet so I don't have anything to compare it against.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Endomondo is quite good, I use it for running but there is a cycling mode I think. Tracks your route and provides stats etc that you can save and upload.

Jim_Junkie

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Chaser, which is a client for the Strava website. While the website has lots of great features, the Chaser app is very bare-bones; start ride, end ride, and then it uploads. But it works well, and if you're not on Strava already you should be. :)

I've been using Chaser regularly (most days) for a few months now and have found it to be great. Accurate tracking, good battery usage, simple interface. Unfortunately it seems that Strava has gone & changed the API's and haven't granted access to them yet, so Chaser has stopped working & been pulled from the marketplace (carlinapps | We are a couple of developers, doing apps in our spare time.).

To rub salt in the wounds, I just ran a circuit as part of a mini-comp we're running at work and I have the GPX sitting on my phone but I can't upload it & can't get access to it! Aaaaargh!

Well, I guess I'm on the lookout for a new app until Chaser is fixed, why can't Strava just release their own app for WP8, it would make things so much easier! Even better, why can't WP8 let me access the appdata to retreive the GPX file manually, or chaser let me export it, or anything that lets me not have to rely on the upload working.

Ah well, first world problems I guess.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use my Suunto watch now instead of my smartphone, but I previously used Runtastic Pro for both cycling and running and it worked great.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just started using my Windows phone for biking. I'm not sure it's more accurate than my bike computer with a sensor on my tire but that's a separate discussion. My first time app is Cycle Tracks GPS and it's fantastic. I also downloaded Cyclometer and will try that out. Now, these apps will hook into strava and ride with GPS. And reason to choose strava over ride with GPS or vice versa?

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Adidas micoach, and this is in my opinion the best tracker app. It's free, it has elevation chart, speed/pace chart, almost everything I need for cycling. It works great, no crashing, works in background. Also it has great web service where you can review your activities, very detail....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs