What is your most wanted app?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I see numerous listings, bit I wonder have anyone who posted on here actually bring the concern to those companies? I bet not. Consumers could push these companies more than Microsoft if they know or was jolted to make one.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I want Instagram and an official Facebook app. But it doesn't matter what we want because MS doesn't seem to be doing much about getting the big developers on board.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want Instagram and an official Facebook app. But it doesn't matter what we want because MS doesn't seem to be doing much about getting the big developers on board.

How you figure? Are they saying "No, instagram, we don't want you on our platform"?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They were willing to make Facebook and Twitter apps themselves. They've not made an Instagram one. They've not incentivized developers very well as a whole, seeing as they don't even have any games from their in-house franchises on the platform. They've done a horrid job of convincing developers to join the platform over the past few months.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My most requested apps is viber with calls not that viber messanger/tango/fring ( i hope one of these comes soon available for windows phone 8 )
Glwiztv app
justintv
for games i would like to have some gta games and bad piggies

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
They were willing to make Facebook and Twitter apps themselves. They've not made an Instagram one. They've not incentivized developers very well as a whole, seeing as they don't even have any games from their in-house franchises on the platform. They've done a horrid job of convincing developers to join the platform over the past few months.

Absolutely. And the FB and Twitter apps they made stink. Especially FB.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I see numerous listings, bit I wonder have anyone who posted on here actually bring the concern to those companies? I bet not. Consumers could push these companies more than Microsoft if they know or was jolted to make one.

I agree. Any suggestions on how to successfully lobby these companies to expand their services to our OS?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^try emailing the developers

Temple run and Temple run 2
completely optional games though so, not much really.

definitely a fully-functional Facebook app is required.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Any suggestions on how to successfully lobby these companies to expand their services to our OS?

Ifyou're talking users, there's not really anything WE can do. The only way to convince developers to support the platform is the get the phones into people's hands. Messaging the developers is not going to work beyond a certain point, because they don't care if everyone in a 3% marketshare user base e-mails them.

MICROSOFT could do a whole heck of a lot, though. They could hire developers to work for Microsoft, then assign them to jobs for various companies. For example, they could hire 5 developers to make a proper MLB At Bat application, another 5 to make an Instagram application, etc. Basically, they pay the wages of the workers making the apps for a little while. The other option is to GUARANTEE a certain amount of revenue to developers. Basically, they find out how much the app needs to make to be profitable/sustainable. However short the revenue falls from that goal, Microsoft subsidizes the difference, maybe for 1-2 years. Again, an example is that maybe MLB expects to have 25,000 downloads of its At Bat application on Windows Phone to prove itself worth the money. If they only sell 20,000 of them, Microsoft picks up the cost of the extra 5,000 (which, at $15 apiece, is a rather-small $75,000 for Microsoft).

For games, they could lend companies developers to add in Xbox LIVE functionality, I'd bet. If Microsoft's OWN developers were working on that portion of the application, maybe the certification process goes more smoothly?

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think along with the well known missing apps (for example, Instragram, Flipboard, Pinterest, Temple Run), there are some country specific apps that are missing for me as a UK user - namely, my local bank, BBC iPlayer and Sky Go. With the news that UK sales have increased to 6% of the market, I'm hoping hitting 10% in the near future will make companies rethink Windows Phone.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
MICROSOFT could do a whole heck of a lot, though.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess I (and a lot of people on here) don't really understand how it works as far as apps being programed for each OS, and the politics and economics of it all. I just read an article last week where Instagram said they would Not develop a native Instagram app for blackberry. It's really up to them. I'm not sure they (or any other app developers) would accept a modified program from outside, even if it was from Microsoft. -Metrogram, InstaPic, InstaCam anyone?

I'm not holding out hope for help from Microsoft until they can at least give us Photosynth on WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz