WhatsApp 2.9.3

dadoya

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got my update....im ompressed hpw quickly they fixed it....works fine and few new things that they added, works nice...

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So what can we as the customers do? I will report my concerns about the battery to Microsoft via the Store page (you know, the button below the App description). If you guys wanna do something, join me in doing so. I guess the guys at Microsoft will notice the problem, if we all report it.

Hupsakee

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My whatsapp icon lost its color on homescreen. Color still there when in the alphabetical list. Pinning/unpinning does not fix this.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Does the message preview on the large tile work for all of you? It doesn't seem to work for me, including multiple repins to the home screen. The count on the tile and the lock screen, as well as the notification work perfectly.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So what can we as the customers do? I will report my concerns about the battery to Microsoft via the Store page (you know, the button below the App description). If you guys wanna do something, join me in doing so. I guess the guys at Microsoft will notice the problem, if we all report it.

I've done it on numerous occasions and nothing. I think Microsoft knows about this already and they are okay with it. Why else will the app pass certification SO many times? Probably they are looking at it this way - abusive whatsapp or no whatsapp?

Does the message preview on the large tile work for all of you? It doesn't seem to work for me, including multiple repins to the home screen. The count on the tile and the lock screen, as well as the notification work perfectly.

Yup works fine as soon as I pinned it first time. May be your need to reinstall whatsapp and start fresh?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's just me but I find the interface seems a lil "blah". Don't get the whole metro feel from it when you open the app. Hopefully they do something about it,

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere on this forum or XDA lies an email correspondence with Whatsapp support in 2012, when they confirmed it will stream at regular points and ping back only in small KBs as good as you receiving a text on Whatsapp every so often. This way it keeps connection to Whatsapp notifications regular. Apparently that was the only way back in WP7.5 days that Whatsapp figured they can deliver reliable notifications. The WiFi-on isn't just for keeping WiFi on to deliver messages for guys who don't use mobile data, but also to keep reliable delivery. All they really need is invest in their servers. I don't blame them much as these guys have gained overwhelming popularity in just 4 years since the inception of Whatsapp on iOS. They were/are under prepared.
You know I've noticed another interesting behaviour of this app; or maybe all data using apps? If you turn off the internet on your phone completely (you go out or something) and then when you come back within WiFi and connect, apps like Whatsapp or IM+ do not come back online. You have to actually open them for them to 'realise' that the phone now has internet connectivity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo