Whatsapp issues since v2.9.2

Sascha Albany

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
HI all,

So Friday there was the update for Whatsapp to v2.9.2 - so I did it eagerly hoping that it would improve greatly as the application is horribly coded and full of issues.

Needless to say the update was fine, I used Whatsapp a bit and then left for work. Got home and then my phone was running low on battery, when I tried to open Whatsapp it was stuck on that weird wallpaper which is displayed just before you see your contacts. It just stuck there - so thats weird. Put phone on charge, went out of whatsapp via the back button, tried to open it again. Same issue. Restarted phone. Same issue.

So then I tried to uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp, after the reinstall put in my cellphone number again (after it auto detects the international country code and that I am in SA). Click next and now the screen just stays on "Verification" with the 4 moving dots and nothing ever happens....

Since then there has been an update to v2.9.3, did the update and still have Whatsapp stuck on the verification screen. I have tried to restart my phone various amounts of time as well as have uninstalled and reinstalled Whatsapp many many times.

I have tried using my WiFi connection and tried with the 3G connection, I have since turned off the WiFi as Whatsapp says it may have issues with WiFi and prefers a 3G connection.
My main sim card is on the "8ta" network and that is the number I have always used for Whatsapp. I have another sim card which is on the Virgin mobile network. I put in my virgin mobile sim card and it made no difference, I then uninstalled / reinstalled and put in my virgin mobile number when and it got past the verification screen - telling me that it will be sending me an SMS notification.
So since that is not the number I want to use Whatsapp with, I selected edit number and typed in my 8ta number. Once again stuck on the verification screen (this is with Virgin mobile sim card, 8ta number). I then put my 8ta sim card back in and tried to verify with the virgin mobile number and it went through again.

So it does not seem to be network related, just that Whatsapp suddenly does not want to verify my 8ta number. I have no clue what difference it would make.

Anyone else having the same issue? Or ever had anything similar? Any ideas on how to resolve the issue? I have an HTC Mozart BTW, if it somehow makes any difference.

EDIT: I have managed to find my other 8ta sim which I had laying around, tried to verify with that 8ta number and it was fine as well. So it seems as if it is specifically my main 8ta number which Whatsapp does not want to verify. Is it possible that certain data has not been removed from my phone despite the many uninstalls / reinstalls and that is causing issues of some sort?

I do have a working file explorer on my phone, so I could try and uninstall Whatsapp and then delete any file which may need to be deleted. Just not sure the locations and such?

Last edited:

Athreyas

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Sascha,

Unfortunately even am facing some similar problem.
I own samsung focus which work on windows 7.5.
I was using whatsapp even till early hours of today. I chatting and since my phone was running out of battery i have plugged in the powerplug.
After awhile as the mobile was idle, the screen went to sleep. When i try to re-launch the app, i get the weird starting screen wallpaper. And the phone is stuck there.. It doesn't move any ahead. I was not ready to un-install and re-install because i was worried if that would remove my all my pervious content..

Heres one more with one such same issue.. Any luck please do let me know.. That would be of a great help. :)

Sascha Albany

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So sent an email through to Whatsapp support - they responded rather promptly too. Whatsapp v2.9.4 has been released and it fixed my issues - so try give it a try.
Some unlucky WP users (like myself) experienced issues as well as people who had their phone language set to Polish or Finnish apparently.

Whatsapp pushed out 3 updates over the weekend. 1st one broke it, 3rd finally fixed it. xD

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same initial issue ( stuck on that weird wallpaper) but I just exited the app opened it a little later and it worked again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo