3rd party instagram is possible

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I recently jumped ship from my Lumia 710 to a Blackberry Curve. (I'm waiting for the Lumia 720.) And noticed there's an unofficial Instagram Client on the Blackberry App World called Instabeuri. Instabeuri performs all the functions of the iPhone/Android instagram client (except for the actual image filters.)

It's obviously a 3rd party app. yet somehow it's able to UPLOAD photos to the instagram service. This feature isn't available on any other 3rd party app on any other platform as far as I'm aware.

Instagram has shown next to no interest in developing an app for the legacy blackberry platform (or even OS10), so the fact that there's a 3rd party app able to upload tells me that maybe this might be possible on a WindowsPhone app too.

There are some great 3rd party alternatives to the instagram app, that let you browse comment and use the social network part, like WPGram and Instacam+, I'd love it if I could upload too.

Do you think it'd be possible to build a feature like this on Windows Phone? Does instagram allow 3rd party uploads now?

If anything this BB6 app is a proof of concept. We might one day also have instagram on our windows phones!

_patrickc_

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they use a scraper to allow the upload, with is against developer TOS. I've not looked at the app myself, but I do have a BBOS6 device around here somewhere :) I might take a look at it, and see how it works. If it is a scraper, then no, hopefully no one on WP will do it, if it isn't. Its just a matter of tome :)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There's MOLOME that lets you upload to Instragram.
Not really a expert when it comes to instagram so i don't know how far the support goes.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Check my update in the MOLOME thread - Molome coming? - I wouldn't bank any money just yet on Instagram integration coming to WP; this functionality could well be limited to Android and iOS as it requires the presence of the actual Instagram app on the device.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo