(Official) Twitter app updated

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to think this Twitter app was awful but I am using it now and it is awesome! I'm glad to see these improvements. I usually use rowi but I want to play with this one for a little while.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Still not good, the private message button disappeared. Now I have to go to my profile, click the envelope icon then the plus sign. The private message button used to be in the home screen. What happened?

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
yay! finally, never actually used the official since I heard really bad reviews in general, and was using Rowi but wasnt really happy with it..
Soo excited for this new overhaul! I actually prefer it a lot more than the Android/IOS version

:D *happy camper*

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see a big name social media platform taking the platform seriously. Hopefully this encourages others to do the same.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I prayed for this update back in 2010/2011 and later gave up. Thought it will never come and I'm finally glad that it's in. We thank them for it too and I hope with time minor updates will be coming to finally equal all the features with the ones on iOS and Android....like inline images.
Just pray and hope the Facebook app gets a major revamp too. I'm very suspicious because of Joe Belfiore's tweet. WP needs better and nice looking apps and I'm glad they are coming. Hope it don't stop.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
DM button now matches the website, not a big fan in either place but overall great improvement
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
What Twitter is clearly doing is going for their own look, which is fine with Windows UI design principles (The user interface formerly known as Metro) as long as other considerations like navigation patterns and chrome reduction of visual element are still being followed. It's visually pretty much Twitter.com with a Windows Phone flavor.

There are still some curious choices so I decided to mess with the UI a little bit (a bit off topic I know but I kinda like the results):

TWITTER_orig.jpgCETWITTER.jpg

Changes:

- Top header size shrunk to a more standard size, the original one is a little imposing.
- Top header icons aligned to the grid
- Changed the name font to pop up little more from the rest of the text (I'm personally looking at the names when scrolling/browsing the tweets, this helps me to see better)
- Changed the text spacing to more closer (original one has the tweets in nice glance-sized bits, but I think it's currently a bit overkill)
- Got rid of that very redundant bird icon

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You know like on iOS and Android you can try to drag from the top of the list to go higher up the list and it brings up a "Drag to refresh" then "Release to refresh". We have that too, in Metro styling! Now this app looks ace!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I've read through this thread and seen no complaints so it must be me alone. Once I start using this app my phone gets hot.

Not warm people, hot! I know the difference. And you know what accompanies the heat. Yup, you guessed it. Battery drain.

Going to reinstall and hope it fixes it.

On the positive side, the app IS beautiful.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I downloaded the Twitter app, didn't like it much so I uninstalled it. Today, after reading so many positive posts about it, I decided to give it another shot. When I DL'ed it I got the old Twitter app, the one with the dark theme....
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm showing an update in the Store for the Twitter app. Not sure if I'll uodatre or not. I like the dark theme.

Gfouts15, are u on Wp8 or 7.X ?
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos