(Official) Twitter app updated

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to really like the update. It's an more important update then we think it shows that apps don't have to be using words on the top for navigation. Even tho I like the metro words that overlay past the screen look, I think the new twitter look will easier for most here's to understand.

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... looks like people are having quite some problems with it. I bought Tweet It! recently and am pretty happy with it. I guess still no reason to switch just yet.

Kulti

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. What I do not understand is why I do not get any instant notifications of any mentions like on an iPhone or Android. I did some tweeting with a friend today who has an iPhone 4; he got the notification as soon as I sent the tweet. But when he tweeted back it took like forever for the notifications to show up on my Lumia 920. It is kind of frustrating...

SonOfJewel

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. What I do not understand is why I do not get any instant notifications of any mentions like on an iPhone or Android. I did some tweeting with a friend today who has an iPhone 4; he got the notification as soon as I sent the tweet. But when he tweeted back it took like forever for the notifications to show up on my Lumia 920. It is kind of frustrating...
you are speak of push notifications
the official twitter app uses push notifications as well as metweets that I know of. If you want instant notifications make sure the app supports push notifications. Furthermore you need to go into the twitter app and change the settings under your @name from "people you follow" too "anyone"

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
OK the notifications are back but there's another problem. The live tile counter always shows '1' when you get a notification, even if its multiple notifications. I've never seen it show a number more than 1.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
can anyone else manage to pin more than one account to the homescreen?! if not, that lack of feature is mental.. to clarify, I'm refrering to accounts that you moderate/run not other people's accounts. I want to be able to tweet independently from two separate accounts

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss