Your go to music app?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music. Once you get the hang of it its swell! I will say Zune worked much better but id take Xbox music over alto of the other options available.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Do any other Apps let your stream based off Genre's, like Slacker? I may have totally missed it, but I don't see anything like this in Zune on my phone. "Playlist" in Zune is terrible, IMO. My issues with Slacker are, limited selection. I get tired of the same stuff all the time. Oh... The damn App doesn't work! Like, at all. If I'm able to actually get a channel streaming (haha, yeah right), good luck getting beyond 1 song. Lastly, Nickleback is NOT hard rock! Come on... I don't hate Nickleback, but let's atleast get the genre's right.

I love Zune, and will continue to pay for it just for the offline cache ability, but I need something else to "discover" new music based off my interests.

I have considered iHeartRadio and just trying a bunch of rock stations from bigger cities. My local station is terrible. Rdio isn't what I'm looking for. I have a hard time swallowing another $10 to pay for Spotify. Even if I did, the App never actually started a song during my free trial. (There is a theme of streaming Apps not working here...) Pandora is not what I want, even if we had it. I guess I haven't really looking into Last.fm.

If I'm wrong about the ability of these Apps, please let me know. For instance, if Rdio can play based off Genre alone. At a quick glance, I can even add individual songs to my "Collection" only whole CD's. That can't be the case... Lol. Or if you can listen by Genre's through Zune, man, that would give me what I want.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Music is the only streaming platform I use. There are genre-specific playlists you can listen to and download, but since you mentioned "Zune." I assume you're on 7.5/7.8, and IDK if Nokia Music is available on the legacy devices.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Free Nokia Music Radio Mixs (mainly online, as I have no limit for data and my battery is good enough, but I have downloaded 4 Radios for offline use too. just in case) ...

+ my own 1500 mp3 songs and few playlists (done by windows explorer) ... with "Find My Music" apps ... and sometimes trying other music apps too (I have few others too)...

... and the real answer is WP8 ... :)

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130301_0001[1].jpg
    wp_ss_20130301_0001[1].jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 4

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Music skipping and ending 20s early prompted me to transfer all my multimedia back to my Fascinate. Doesn't mean I hate WP. Xbox, for one. Second, this community.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea I find Nokia mix suitable enough to quench a moderate amount of tunes, im still on the fence with Spotify as a "goto", rhapsody? Never tried that one?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If just for local music, there's a really beautiful music app called Listen. Great interface and automatically search and download lyrics. Plus the developer is very supportive of the platform and updates keep coming

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For lyrics, I prefer "Lyrics" apps, just try it - one click and lyrics of current song in on your display ... well, I like that, 1 click for the certain tile and you are done - you can see lyrics, just like you can start lissening your favour artist, album, radio (online of offline one), playlist, etc. by just clicking a certain pinned tile .... :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to see if I care for Listen, as the lyrics portion sounds cool. Might try out Mixtapes as well, but I'm not sure it won't just be a redundancy from Nokia Music.

Anyone know of an app that will let you create playlists with your own music from your phone? That's what I've been looking for. I hate the interface of Xbox Music on the PC, and wish I could make my playlists via the Zune desktop software or an app on the phone.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I really only use Nokia Music. My whole purpose of using music streaming service is to find new music, not music i already own/know.

I have desk full of those things called CD's, 120GB of music on my PC. My music library is big enough already so i have no use for services like Spotify. Pandora and Mix Radio are for me. Don't need to worry about data caps either as there are no data caps on any contracts in Sweden.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Nokia Music doesn't do a lot of good for finding new music for me. It puts either stuff I know I like or stuff I know I don't on it. The lack of a filtering system causes me to use the service less than I'd like, as I haven't found a single new band with it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss