Interesting read about instagram

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
instagram-for-windows-phone-8-concept-by-clindhartsen-580x435.jpg

Was reading this article, Instagram not on Windows Phone devices, because the CEO of Instagram 'hates' Microsoft? it seems to suggest the CEO of instagram hates microsoft and thats why has no plans to release an app? Ive never used instagram but i understand how important it is for wp itself to get an instagram app, if that really is the reason.. seems a bit childish

Feel like wpcentral should get together and bombard instagrams twitter ._.

E:
oh also came across this
http://www.change.org/petitions/instagram-make-instagram-available-on-windows-phone-8-2
but i doubt it makes a difference

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
http://www.soletopia.com/wp-content...s-phone-8-concept-by-clindhartsen-580x435.jpg

Was reading this article, Instagram not on Windows Phone devices, because the CEO of Instagram 'hates' Microsoft? it seems to suggest the CEO of instagram hates microsoft and thats why has no plans to release an app? Ive never used instagram but i understand how important it is for wp itself to get an instagram app, if that really is the reason.. seems a bit childish

Feel like wpcentral should get together and bombard instagrams twitter ._.

E:
oh also came across this
http://www.change.org/petitions/instagram-make-instagram-available-on-windows-phone-8-2
but i doubt it makes a difference

We don't have any official Google apps for the exact same reason. Except the Google CEOs vendetta against MS is actually quite public...

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
We don't have any official Google apps for the exact same reason. Except the Google CEOs vendetta against MS is actually quite public...

I never will understand Google's belidgerance. P**s off Apple and Microsoft really doesn't sound like a great strategy in the tech industry to me...they have some good allies, yes, but they really aren't helping themselves...

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I never will understand Google's belidgerance. P**s off Apple and Microsoft really doesn't sound like a great strategy in the tech industry to me...they have some good allies, yes, but they really aren't helping themselves...

Larry Page couldn't afford MS Office in college :wink:

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Larry Page couldn't afford MS Office in college :wink:

Or a Mac, evidently!

I don't think I've ever spent more than ?50 on Microsoft Office....there's always been some student/employee offer going on, last license I bought was 2010 Professional Plus for ?8.99...

Do you guys think microsoft should retaliate and block their services from android phones?

I think the only real impact they could have with this is banning apps from reading Office documents, it's an option but I wouldn't want to have to deal with the fallout!

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Instagram isn't coming to Windows Phone so Microsoft should block their services on Android phones?

Read the whole thread
Specifically the posts above mine
Or a Mac, evidently!

I don't think I've ever spent more than ?50 on Microsoft Office....there's always been some student/employee offer going on, last license I bought was 2010 Professional Plus for ?8.99...

I think the only real impact they could have with this is banning apps from reading Office documents, it's an option but I wouldn't want to have to deal with the fallout!

I do!
I dont get why microsoft is playing nice

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I still expect to see it fairly soon. Microsoft and Nokia will be listening, and no doubt trying to bring it over. With WP8 being c++ it really wouldn't take too much effort to port it over and tweak the UI. Once instagram start monetizing the social network theres really no reason why they wouldn't want to be on every platform!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft made a lot of enemies over the years and had always been in a position of power. Now that others are in a position of power they are making MS pay. This would all change if they had more marketshare, but nobody in the tech world is interested in doing any favors for MS.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have been wondering what are the reasons behind it. Truth is Windows Phone isn't big enough for likes of Instagram to have to port their app, yet you got likes of Nokia and Microsoft that would likely be ready to pay to make the app. Like Nokia did for Angry Birds on their own Maemo OS, before the game even came to Android.

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The answer could be as simple as this – ‘The CEO and co-founder of Instagram, Kevin Systrom, hates Microsoft’. Now hate is quite a strong word, but if he really truly does hate Microsoft, he could very well be the reason why Microsoft can’t claim to have Instagram on their Operating System. That, added to a rather small market share for the WP OS (as compared to iOS and Android) means that Windows Phone users may continue to wait for some time. Of course, it might not be that Kevin hates ‘Microsoft’ as a whole, but it could potentially be Steve Ballmer, the CEO of Microsoft. Everyone know’s that Ballmer is a very passionate about Microsoft, thought he isn’t the most tactful person in the world. He may very well come off as boisterous and his proudness may be mistaken for arrogance. Or maybe Microsoft didn’t hire him when he was younger? Of course, we’re just dabbling in our own thoughts here, because the truth is we do not know what exactly about Microsoft Kevin hates.

You may be asking yourself how we came to know about this? Anyone who reads Techin5 knows we really don’t dabble in ‘rumors’, and we most certainly don’t consider this to be a rumor. Well we received a tip from a very reliable source (someone who is ‘in the know’, that someone from the Nokia camp dropped this bit of ‘news’. It’s as close to official we can get as this stage folks, without it officially being.. er.. official.
There is however a silver lining to this story, in that Facebook have recently bought Instragram, as most of you are aware. To top that off, Microsoft actually owns 1.3% of Facebook which may not seem like much, but in reality it’s enough for Microsoft to drop some subtle hints off with Zuckerberg and co to filter down the Food Chain...

Who knows what the truth is, but I'm sure Instagram will come eventually. Maybe not right away like how a lot of us WP8 users hope, but I think it'll happen. Someone will push, and it'll have to happen or some stuff may go down.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure it has anything to do with anyone 'hating' anyone.
Native Instagram App Is Not Coming to BlackBerry 10 - John Paczkowski and Mike Isaac - Mobile - AllThingsD

And doesn't Facebook own Instagram? Facebook just bought an online advertising platform, Atlas, from Microsoft. So maybe there's not too much hating going on. Too bad MS didn't negotiate an Instagram app for wp8 as part of that deal, there's a lost opportunity. Facebook snags Microsoft's Atlas to boost ad sales | Microsoft - CNET News

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was reading this article Why Teens Are Tiring of Facebook and it provided some insight as to why Instagram is so popular. According to the author, teens and tweens flocked to the app because they recognized that Instagram was a social networking app that their parents were not on. Many parents think Instagram is a camera app and don't monitor it like a Facebook account. Teens are fickle of course, so Instagram may drop in popularity as they migrate to the next cool thing.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much what I've been thinking, I don't really understand why everyone seems sooo upset over WP8 lack of instagram app. It's for tween girls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786