"UPGRADED" from Nokia Drive + to HERE Drive and now . . .

anon(5571020)

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
. . . I don't have worldwide maps! aaaarrrgggh!!!

I can't go back to Drive + and I can't get HERE + so I'm in Spain with no offline NAV. Very irritating.

Does anyone know if HERE Drive + is going to be available to all at some point?

kbronctjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have both maps and drive updated to here. i can download the map of any country as usual. You mean when you updated the maps were deleted?
Enviado desde mi Lumia 920 usando Board Express Pro

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
From Pino Bonetti (Conversations by Nokia)
The HERE location experience on Windows Phone 8 ? Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

-----------------------------
Today we are introducing HERE for Windows Phone 8. HERE Maps, HERE Drive (with regional navigation), HERE Drive+ (with global navigation), HERE Transit and HERE City Lens are available now on the Windows Phone Store....

HERE works best with Nokia Lumia, but in a joint effort to further strengthen the Windows Phone ecosystem, Microsoft and Nokia are making HERE Maps, HERE Drive and HERE Transit available to people with any Windows Phone 8 smartphone. This exclusive offer is available in US, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
----------------------------

From Paul Thurrott winsupersite
http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/nokia-ships-new-here-location-apps-windows-phone-8

-------------------------
HERE Maps, HERE Drive and HERE Transit are available to people with any Windows Phone 8 smartphone. HERE Drive+ and HERE City Lens are exclusive to Nokia?s Lumia devices. This is, I think, a more than reasonable approach that provides all Windows Phone 8 users?and thus the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem in general?with some huge and important advantages over other smart phone platforms while also allowing Nokia to retain some advantages for its own devices.
---------------------------

Proprietary breakdown...<sigh>
(old) Drive+ Beta available to all WP8 devices (Global license)
(new) HERE Drive+ Beta (Global license) 'turn-by-turn' available exclusively to WP8 Nokia devices
(new) HERE Drive Beta (Regional license) 'turn-by-turn' available to all WP8 devices
(new) HERE Maps (Global) available to all WP8 devices
(new) HERE Transit (Global) available to all WP8 devices
(new) HERE City Lens (Global) available exclusively to Nokia WP8 devices

So it looks like HERE Drive+ Beta (with Global license - turn by turn navi) and HERE City Lens are exclusive Nokia devices at this time. But HERE Drive Regional turn-by-turn is available for all other WP8 devices. So HERE Drive+ Beta lets you turn-by-turn navi anywhere in the world, but HERE Drive Beta let's you turn-by-turn only in your Region.

However HERE Maps are Global for everyone...and while there are release limitations at this time (US, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain), it does look like the HERE Maps are available for those in Spain....as indicated in the Nokia Convo article above. So in Spain, if you have a non-Nokia WP8 device, you should be able to turn-by-turn but only in your Region. But you should also be able to see/use HERE Maps out of your Region (so just no global turn-by-turn).

And that is my current situation. For the record I think I previously did have global turn-by-turn with Drive+ Beta which is now defunct. If I'd have known I'd lose global turn-by-turn, I wouldn't have updated.:-/

I don't know if there will be an upgrade available for HERE Drive Beta to HERE Drive+ Beta in the future at some point or not. That would be a nice option though...rather than the much more expensive upgrade 'option' of buying a Nokia Lumia just to use turn-by-turn across the borders...'cause that sure ain't gonna happen here (pun intended).

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
This app used to show posted speed limit while driving. I wish it would return. I often am driving a stretch of road and don't know, can't remember speed limit currently. With the app always showing it, it reduces the risk of speeding and being fined. Please return this feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3