Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, and all within reason. I know nothing of the new Z10. In you opinion, can you list some advantages the Z10 has over WP8?

The BlackBerry hub all day. I love that thing. That alone makes me want one. And the HDMI output.

If WP8 had something like the BlackBerry Hub I wouldn't even think about it, but that's the best thing on any phone.

That and the BBM video calling is flawless and easy. Easier than Google's video calling and Facetime for sure.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
After watching a video of the new Blackberry, it reminds me to much of Android but with a skin on it. Screen size is not impressive compared to the Lumia 920.
BBM video is only good if your video chatting with another BBM user. I will stick with WP any day.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
BB kind of reminds me of a mix of Android and Symbian. The hub does look handy though, WP could implement that with a L2R swipe pretty easily. Could double as a notification center.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My Trophy's camera was a better camera than I need. Plus the update made it a little better.

My HTC phone has a good camera, but I would rather have an amazing camera phone with a user interface that stands out. That is the reason I am hoping that the Nokia Lumia 928 is my next phone. Granted I could take my point and shoot camera, but it is easier just to have 1 device with me.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
BB kind of reminds me of a mix of Android and Symbian. The hub does look handy though, WP could implement that with a L2R swipe pretty easily. Could double as a notification center.

The Hub is also a battery killer, at least if you wish for it to keep you up to date on everything. You can alter what you want to sync and how often, but sync too much and the phone dies a quick death.

My friend in VZW corporate sales has said that clients were unimpressed with the Z10 for numerous reasons, but a big one is testing has shown it has a lot of security holes. There's some talk that BB rushed out BB10 (odd considering how long it has take). They've had serious QA problems. I expect we'll hear more about this in the coming month.

There are a couple of neat features and good ideas, but there are also problems with it in build quality, battery usage, and overall performance. From what I understand, Verizon will be doing some advertising, but not throwing any major weight behind it. Can't confirm it, but I've heard that it has a bigger cost to Verizon than the iPhone.

I think the Z10 is a decent phone, but I don't think it's a savior for BB. I think they will be in panic mode before the summer is out. I do know that VZW will continue to push Windows Phone in corporate sales.

I wouldn't mind it if the Z10 did well, especially at the expense of Android and iOS. I think BB10 is superior to both of those options, but inferior for most uses to WP8. The Hub is useful, but bland. Easy to access, but blah in design.

I'd be interested to see an expansion into what SurfCube is doing for web browsing in creating a 3d menu space on the phone.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
my guess is a same 720p OLED screen, slightly water down pureview, 1G ram, same CPU, A320 GPU, 16G internal plus 64G mSD slot.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
my guess is a same 720p OLED screen, slightly water down pureview, 1G ram, same CPU, A320 GPU, 16G internal plus 64G mSD slot.

Not going to be 720p, will be 1280x768 and I think better pureview camera if anything. Why waste the xenon and LED flash combo?

I agree with you on everything else!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Not going to be 720p, will be 1280x768 and I think better pureview camera if anything. Why waste the xenon and LED flash combo?

I agree with you on everything else!

I'm not sure if xenon will happen. It's huge space taker.

Also the verge is so far only one to claim this to be case, but i would not be surprised if the phone ends up not being made from aluminium or rest of the rumors only claimed by The Verge. Aluminium body just doesn't seem to fit to the FCC filling picture and the colors available. Sure Nokia has made colorful aluminium phones before (like the old E7 below), yet you would expect colors like silver to be available.

I do agree with the SoC specs.

Nokia-E7-455-VER_81124a.jpg

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the Samsung GS4 announcement and boy was it out there. It does have a few good features that I hope Nokia will do something better. Using the back and front camera at the same time on video calls and picture/video taking. It also has some cool camera features. I just hope that Nokia can impress me even more when they announce the 928.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to point out about the GS4 is that it is already said to be coming to all major carriers in the US in Q2. Will Nokia do this will the rumored EOS Lumia device or will it be exclusive to AT&T like the 920 was since it was announced? I know Verizon is getting the 928, but to me, it sounds like a slight update from the 920. The EOS will be the phone to watch out for, hopefully.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The Hub is also a battery killer, at least if you wish for it to keep you up to date on everything. You can alter what you want to sync and how often, but sync too much and the phone dies a quick death.

My friend in VZW corporate sales has said that clients were unimpressed with the Z10 for numerous reasons, but a big one is testing has shown it has a lot of security holes. There's some talk that BB rushed out BB10 (odd considering how long it has take). They've had serious QA problems. I expect we'll hear more about this in the coming month.

There are a couple of neat features and good ideas, but there are also problems with it in build quality, battery usage, and overall performance. From what I understand, Verizon will be doing some advertising, but not throwing any major weight behind it. Can't confirm it, but I've heard that it has a bigger cost to Verizon than the iPhone.

I think the Z10 is a decent phone, but I don't think it's a savior for BB. I think they will be in panic mode before the summer is out. I do know that VZW will continue to push Windows Phone in corporate sales.

I wouldn't mind it if the Z10 did well, especially at the expense of Android and iOS. I think BB10 is superior to both of those options, but inferior for most uses to WP8. The Hub is useful, but bland. Easy to access, but blah in design.

I'd be interested to see an expansion into what SurfCube is doing for web browsing in creating a 3d menu space on the phone.

Everyone I've talked to loves the Z10 and I know people from every OS camp dumping their handsets and going Z10 ASAP. And these aren't like random friends. These people are district managers, regional HR coordinators, VPs, everything. I even know a guy who hasn't had a personal line in 10 years and is starting one just to get a Z10.

The people up top love it and the reps I've trained so far love it.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I've talked to loves the Z10 and I know people from every OS camp dumping their handsets and going Z10 ASAP. And these aren't like random friends. These people are district managers, regional HR coordinators, VPs, everything. I even know a guy who hasn't had a personal line in 10 years and is starting one just to get a Z10.

The people up top love it and the reps I've trained so far love it.

I've heard the opposite. There are some neat aspects to it, but it has a lot of problems, a higher learning curve than they want for a phone, poor app support, and sluggish performance. The people in the know that I've talked to in VZW corporate sales expect it to be put on a fire sale by June and Blackberry to be done by December. They expect the S4 and the 928 to crush it, no matter how well liked it is. Certainly could be wrong, but I know their internal data says that things look bad for the Z10 and Blackberry. It just took them too long to get here and it's not like they can leverage a name like MS can or another environment. Blackberry's lack of vision longterm is what hurt them. They would have been better to either adapt Android to their purposes or take MS' offer and work with MS to build in BB centric features into the platform.

I'll bet most people that are excited on the Z10 will loathe it after a month.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Here is a major reason to stick with Nokia. The camera is not very good on the new BB z10. Bring on the Lumia 928..
BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time

Holy moley that's a bad camera. And to think I thought my Trophy was pretty crappy. I read the review of the Z10 over on Crackberry and it's funny how they kind of glossed over the camera aspect of it.

Design wise, it looks just like my old Droid X from the front minus the physical buttons.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I've heard the opposite. There are some neat aspects to it, but it has a lot of problems, a higher learning curve than they want for a phone, poor app support, and sluggish performance. The people in the know that I've talked to in VZW corporate sales expect it to be put on a fire sale by June and Blackberry to be done by December. They expect the S4 and the 928 to crush it, no matter how well liked it is. Certainly could be wrong, but I know their internal data says that things look bad for the Z10 and Blackberry. It just took them too long to get here and it's not like they can leverage a name like MS can or another environment. Blackberry's lack of vision longterm is what hurt them. They would have been better to either adapt Android to their purposes or take MS' offer and work with MS to build in BB centric features into the platform.

I'll bet most people that are excited on the Z10 will loathe it after a month.

The only reason I want it to succeed is because its not an Android. In a perfect world there'd be iOS, WP8, and BB10 each with about 30% marketshare.
There are just some features on BB10 that I want that I don't think Microsoft will ever add to Windows Phone. I'm definitely going to be SIM swapping between my 8X and my Z10. These features are:
-BlackBerry Hub. I'll take a hit on battery life (even though most users are claiming the new update has fixed battery performance) to have a universal inbox for my email, texting, and social. Absolutely.
-Universal search. Hate the fact that my search button on my 8X is just for Bing.
-Easier video chat. My wife is already sold on the Q10. She's the person I communicate with the most, so having all of the features of the new BBM makes sense to me.
-New form of navigation. The gestures just make a lot of sense to me, and in the time I've spent with the Z10, the new Flow makes so much more sense to me.
-Expandable memory and HDMI output. I know the Oddysey and 822 have removable storage, but I haven't heard good things about how WP8 manages SD cards.

I'm not saying it's better than WP8, it's just better for me. Here's hoping that the Z10 and the 928 crush the iPhone and whatever Android garbage gets released.

Last edited:

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I like that you keep saying the android is garbage... This is the same thing that I constantly say to people........ But yesterday the S4 made me contemplate this smack talking. What's your personal experience with android phones that was so negative?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I like that you keep saying the android is garbage... This is the same thing that I constantly say to people........ But yesterday the S4 made me contemplate this smack talking. What's your personal experience with android phones that was so negative?
I just don't like the inconsistency. With Windows Phone or iOS, you can buy high end or low end hardware and you get the same experience. With Android, you buy low end you get ****.

Obviously there are good Android phones but the principle to me is stupid.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So would a nexus or galaxy s3/s4 still be a good phone?

My experience with android is friends having low end ones that lag, look terrible, take bad pictures, etc... But I notice these flagship devices and can't help but think about what might have been if I had switched from IOS to android instead of WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb