Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think at this point if Samsung switched to Tizen, Android would drop to #3. I believe Samsung is around 50% Android share.

Another fun fact,65% of Verizon customers who buy Android call in within the first 7 days they own the phone. Each call costs the company about $18. iOS and WP are well below 50% call in rate.

Also, the 928 is available for some departments as a concession phone. So it should just be another month or so before it gets announced /released.

Personally, I would rather keep Android or WP then switch to Tizen.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 expected release date is April 26th, so is it safe to say the Nokia Lumia 928 should be released way before then so it can get ahead of Samsung?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Man. I just know this phone is going to drop sometime in April and my contract upgrade is May 20th. I'm going to be making calls left and right in an effort to get my upgrade moved up a few weeks. lol

Candide yams

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you've paid attention to the website and have seen the leaked images of the 928's camera. Could that be by Verizon employees that are using it as a concession phone? Or Nokia employees or both? Or all just purposeful leaks?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully soon we'll get a look at the phone itself instead of just more pictures. If it is really coming out next month we should get some official info soon. I am hoping Verizon and Nokia will announce it and end my wait. I can't wait to see my next phone!

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon! Just shut up and take my money!!! Ive been sitting on an upgrade for about a year now!

I'd say Verizon! Just stop shutting up and take my money!!! I want them to start acknowledging the device ASAP. I'm glad we've got Honestabebread to at least tell us what seems to be going on.

All Hallows Eve

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Long time reader. Just wanted to say that waiting for this phone to be released is probably the most painful waiting experience ever. My phone is dying and I've been dying to get my hands on a high end Nokia phone. I've only been sitting on my upgrade since the middle of February, but it's already felt like an eternity. Right now, it's between the 928, Blackberry Z10, HTC One (if it comes to Verizon) or the Samsung Galaxy S4 for my next phone. Heavily leaning towards the 928, but patience isn't one of my strong points lol.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
the z10 is the only phone that seems like it will be released ahead of the 928.
the HTC one isnt coming to verizon, and the s4 is slated for end of april.

i am not paying 200 for a blackberry (i hear its great from honestabebread, but i dont think i can deal with glitchiness like this.. reminds me of my current droid (BlackBerry Z10 vs Lumia 920 video showdown - YouTube) nor will i pay 200 for the 928. especially with the 822 being free
if the 928 is 100 or less, im in

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't be so quick to think the HTC One isn't coming to Verizon. Gotta give the DNA a little breathing room.

VZW is all about universal device roll outs. If every carrier gets the same flagships around the same time (Z10, GS3, iPhone 5 for examples) it means the network is the main reason to choose your carrier. I mean, exclusives aren't necessarily going away but Verizon has the best network (not really going to argue this, unless you know of another carrier that has LTE in a town that has a population of 350 people but is 50 miles away from another LTE site) and they would really like that to be the only reason people choose them.

In fact in 2014 Verizon hopes to go non-subsidy completely.

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Long time reader. Just wanted to say that waiting for this phone to be released is probably the most painful waiting experience ever. My phone is dying and I've been dying to get my hands on a high end Nokia phone. I've only been sitting on my upgrade since the middle of February, but it's already felt like an eternity. Right now, it's between the 928, Blackberry Z10, HTC One (if it comes to Verizon) or the Samsung Galaxy S4 for my next phone. Heavily leaning towards the 928, but patience isn't one of my strong points lol.

It is all about choice. I agree, it is hard to keep waiting. I would knock the BB Z10 phone out of the choices because it is to much like a skinned version of android with a lot less apps. I do like the look and feel of the HTC One. As for the Galaxy S4, not to much of a fan of the plastic feel of the S3, however the duel camera feature has gotten my attention. Granted, my favorite phone is the high end Nokia Lumia phone because of it's quality feel and the WP interface, but can not stand AT&T.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The Z10 is not a "skinned version of android" anymore then Windows Phone is a "skinned version of android." Yes, it has an Android emulator on it so it can run Android apps. It's currently only Android 2.2 so from what I've read it kinda sucks. I have to upgrade our BES to 10 so I'll be forced to mess with one for a while when it launches next week, but once that 928 comes out I'm all over it, baby.

It is all about choice. I agree, it is hard to keep waiting. I would knock the BB Z10 phone out of the choices because it is to much like a skinned version of android with a lot less apps. I do like the look and feel of the HTC One. As for the Galaxy S4, not to much of a fan of the plastic feel of the S3, however the duel camera feature has gotten my attention. Granted, my favorite phone is the high end Nokia Lumia phone because of it's quality feel and the WP interface, but can not stand AT&T.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The Z10 is not a "skinned version of android" anymore then Windows Phone is a "skinned version of android." Yes, it has an Android emulator on it so it can run Android apps. It's currently only Android 2.2 so from what I've read it kinda sucks. I have to upgrade our BES to 10 so I'll be forced to mess with one for a while when it launches next week, but once that 928 comes out I'm all over it, baby.

I disagree. BB10 OS is very similar to android and IOS. Only cool thing about the update is the new Peek feature, but it wouldn't take much to make a widget on Android that mimics it.

Zomby Jeezus

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Right there with you. I definitely want this "supposed" profit 928 from the heavens. However, patience is also not a virtue a aspire to. I am about ready to jump ship from thy holiness and get a pagan GS4, unless they get their sh$$ straight, and very soon.

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, considering Verizon doesn't have the GS4 yet either, it's not really a choice. I would imagine that you will see them launching at around the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo