Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just online chatted a verizon rep. I asked him how the lumia 928 compares to the Z10.
He knew what the 928 was. He said he was aware of the release but could not give any information. He also says that he has played with both and the z10 is better in his opinion (he was trying to make a sale, so obviously he would say the z10 - but he could also actually believe that.. i dont want to be too much of a wp ******).

I have a screenshot but i dont want to get the rep in trouble because he mentioned that he already told me too much about the phone.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Just online chatted a verizon rep. I asked him how the lumia 928 compares to the Z10.
He knew what the 928 was. He said he was aware of the release but could not give any information. He also says that he has played with both and the z10 is better in his opinion (he was trying to make a sale, so obviously he would say the z10 - but he could also actually believe that.. i dont want to be too much of a wp ******).

I have a screenshot but i dont want to get the rep in trouble because he mentioned that he already told me too much about the phone.

Yeah. Don't post the screenshot. I'm kind of getting annoyed because I know when the S4 and the next iPhone come out, but have heard nothing except April for the 928.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does that make you think that it's not coming out next month?

I'm really hoping i can own this before I go on vacation at the end of April. I want to show off that camera :p

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
He said April. I would say April, probably.

And good detective work to the guy above and the Nokia internal pages.

Can't wait for the release.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
is the iphone coming out earlier than expected then?
they switching up their release frames now?

The iPhone is very inconsistent internally. I remember for the iPhone 5 we were told July and stores started getting accessories in July and then everything sat around till September. Apple had a **** of a time with the production of the 5 and I believe it was intended to be released in July, which makes me believe the rumors of the 5S coming in June/July are accurate.

Release dates are very tentative in this industry. I remember my first hands on with the 822 in early November and no one knew when it came out. Lol.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nah. My wife and I just had our second child. Then Z10 training for sales reps all over the state for two weeks. And now doing webinars with new hires.

So pretty much he's telling you he just had a new child & will not jeopardize his job by telling us any info on the 928 until it's announced.
(Congrats on the baby by the way )

Last edited:

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Also worth reminding everyone here that Verizon usually doesn't do a lot of build up to an actual release. It's not uncommon for them to announce the phone and drop it into the store at the same time - or just give a couple of days lead. They will hype it after they release it, not before.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Also worth reminding everyone here that Verizon usually doesn't do a lot of build up to an actual release. It's not uncommon for them to announce the phone and drop it into the store at the same time - or just give a couple of days lead. They will hype it after they release it, not before.

Exactly. Verizon is all about tangible hype,much like Apple.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully no news is released tomorrow. Nobody will know if it's legit or April foolin. haha

Not likely. They know better than to do that.

Got some interesting info from my friend over the weekend as well. Nothing on a firm release date, but it sounds like Verizon's own survey data indicates that the Galaxy S4 may end up being a major dud. Not a judgment on the phone, but apparently their market research people are telling them that most users are pulling a "** hum" with it. Seems like they expect the GS3 to continue to do quite well after the price gets reduced when the S4 hits.

Besides, the 928 will serve as a nice exclusive for them for the time being while everyone else will have the S4. They'll sell it, but they are now expecting an "iPhone 5" effect - people opting for the cheaper GS3 over the new phone because of cost and the fact that the S4 has bells and whistles most don't care about.

Expect to hear more about the Z10 and 928 from VZW marketing than the S4, though they likely will trumpet the lower price S3 more than they do the S4.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I knew the S4 would have an iPhone 5 effect. Why buy the new one for $200 when all the features you really need are on the old one and it's now half price? Most stores I visit have iPhone 5s piling up but can't keep a 4S in stock to save their life.

The S4 will probably suffer even more because the iPhone 5 added LTE, which is really significant now that Verizon is rolling out LTE in rural areas.

All the S4 gives you is a screen that you can't tell is better and a bunch of software perks you'll never use.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I knew the S4 would have an iPhone 5 effect. Why buy the new one for $200 when all the features you really need are on the old one and it's now half price? Most stores I visit have iPhone 5s piling up but can't keep a 4S in stock to save their life.

The S4 will probably suffer even more because the iPhone 5 added LTE, which is really significant now that Verizon is rolling out LTE in rural areas.

All the S4 gives you is a screen that you can't tell is better and a bunch of software perks you'll never use.
My Verizon guy said the S4 will have better reception. Evidently the S3 is terrible in that regard.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My Verizon guy said the S4 will have better reception. Evidently the S3 is terrible in that regard.

It wasn't just the S3. The Galaxy Nexus, the Stellar, the Droid Charge, Stratosphere, etc. all had AWFUL reception. The Note II and Odyssey are fixed though. Glad to hear the S4 will be fixed but that doesn't mean anything sales-wise.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't just the S3. The Galaxy Nexus, the Stellar, the Droid Charge, Stratosphere, etc. all had AWFUL reception. The Note II and Odyssey are fixed though. Glad to hear the S4 will be fixed but that doesn't mean anything sales-wise.

Exactly. There will be a large amount of people that have got to have the latest thing, but I expect the S3 to sell better going forward. Maybe when the S5 hits, the S4 will do better.

You could argue it was the same effect that helped the 820 series phones do well. I also tend to think the high buy in on the Z10 will hurt it with the average joe, especially without many native apps in the ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss