Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe Big Red is getting a 920 variant. Whether it is aluminum or modified in any way I don't know. I am thinking no.

Reason being that ATT would no longer have an exclusive phone. When Big Red gets the 920 (mid-range for 2013) I am thinking ATT gets the new anodized aluminum 920 with a higher resolution Pureview camera. If ATT had this (due to their prior commitment to wp and relationship with Nokia) and gets the 520 through 720, this would round out their lineup quite nicely. They would become the premium wp8 provider even as T-mobile and Verizon got more devices.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I predict it comes out next month or at least by May. Im so excited and really hope i see it by then cause the 8X has sure been tempting me but I feel like I would be settling since HTC basically gives no support to WP. They just make their phones and throw their hands up and say "welp were done with that on to the next thing forever"

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if it's aluminum or poly, as long as I have a choice of color is all I care about. The sooner the better too, otherwise your almost buying previous generation tech at this point.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if it's aluminum or poly, as long as I have a choice of color is all I care about. The sooner the better too, otherwise your almost buying previous generation tech at this point.

One would think that in Windows Phone forum people would already understand that it's the user experience that counts, not the specifications.

Is there really any benefit for getting a faster SOC when WP8 already runs circles around Android using "only" S4? PureView, wireless charging and supersensitive screens are still techs you don't find in any of the current line of 5" 1080p Androids with Qualcomm 600's.

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Any news regarding the 928 or any other new handset coming to VZW from Honestabebread or Mr. MacPhisto? They have been unusually quiet the past few months. Just wondering...

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Based on the dates shown for the White and Gray 822's and when they were released, I'm going throw out my prediction (wish?).

Pre-order - Friday, April 12
Ships - Tuesday, April 16

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Still - it's about time. Now if the rumors of a 41MP camera phone going to ATT exclusively, I'm going to be ticked off about it all over again. I don't want second best - I want the best. There's no logical reason that they should withhold it from HALF of America!

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Still - it's about time. Now if the rumors of a 41MP camera phone going to ATT exclusively, I'm going to be ticked off about it all over again. I don't want second best - I want the best. There's no logical reason that they should withhold it from HALF of America!
no rumor, just my thought process. Hasn't been confirmed or denied by anyone. I do hope they launch nationwide, but I have my doubts.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
my opinion: i think it comes out within the next two weeks.. mainly because a verizon online chat person told me to check the website in a few days to get details on the phone when I kept badgering about it..
but the person might have just meant that i should check the website every so often to see if anything pops up

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Now if the rumors of a 41MP camera phone going to ATT exclusively, I'm going to be ticked off about it all over again. I don't want second best - I want the best. There's no logical reason that they should withhold it from HALF of America!

I totally agree with that. I will be upset as well. Tired of having the 2nd best on the best carrier in the US.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
One would think that in Windows Phone forum people would already understand that it's the user experience that counts, not the specifications.

Is there really any benefit for getting a faster SOC when WP8 already runs circles around Android using "only" S4? PureView, wireless charging and supersensitive screens are still techs you don't find in any of the current line of 5" 1080p Androids with Qualcomm 600's.

Not the SOC I'm worried about. I'm thinking more along the lines of a hero phone with expandable storage, better camera, bigger battery, etc. That's what concerns me about buying a flagship type device 6 months after it's released. Especially considering all the rumors of a 41mp camera phone in the summer/fall and other developments.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Camera is the least of my worries on a smart phone. If I want great pictures I will use my digital slr. 41 megapixel's? Why? Your gonna tell the difference in a printed 8x10? Don't think so.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Bloobed

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Camera is the least of my worries on a smart phone. If I want great pictures I will use my digital slr. 41 megapixel's? Why? Your gonna tell the difference in a printed 8x10? Don't think so.
If I wanted to carry a dslr with me everywhere, I'd take a vinyl record player too.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Any rumor of changes in the "928" over the 920 ? Any chance of a MicroSDSC slot in it ? I have a 8X (off contract) and I might be interested in a Verizon 928 IF it had some type of expandable storage. If not, I will wait till the 8.5/9 models come out. The 16gb limit on my 8X is just too much but, 32gb with a possable 64gb or even 128gb really works for me...

I love my 8X but, never can understand why carriers put a 16gb limit on what is a mid to high end model.....It boggles the mind...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I could actually care less about still images. But I am an avid "extreme sports" enthusiast, so the video capture of the 920 with ois is great for wakeboarding, snowboarding, surfing, and much more! Not to mention with the super sensitive touch screen I wouldn't have to take off my snowboarding gloves which is a real plus! The 8x video capture stabilization is atrocious.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Any rumor of changes in the "928" over the 920 ? Any chance of a MicroSDSC slot in it ? I have a 8X (off contract) and I might be interested in a Verizon 928 IF it had some type of expandable storage. If not, I will wait till the 8.5/9 models come out. The 16gb limit on my 8X is just too much but, 32gb with a possable 64gb or even 128gb really works for me...

I love my 8X but, never can understand why carriers put a 16gb limit on what is a mid to high end model.....It boggles the mind...

I agree, storage makes a huge difference on if I buy it or not. 32gb is the minimum I require on a non expandable phone. I sure hope the 928 has at least 32gb internal storage.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Huoh. It's too bad Nokia didn't went for the 8MP branding like they thought at first. So many people who don't know anything about the tech and just talk when seeing the megapixel count.
http://i.nokia.com/blob/view/-/849564/data/2/-/Download1.pdf

The idea is not to take 41MP pictures, but it uses oversampling on 3-8MP pictures. You also get lossles zoom up to 4x thanks to the 41MP sensor. Though you can also take 38MP pictures and they do look focking amazing on your monitor or when zooming in (808 owner here).
Have you seen the countless of 808 PureView reviews? There's no phone that even battles in the same stage with 808 PureView, many of the similarly priced standalone cameras have lost to it. Latest win was the standalone camera Galaxy camera that was beaten by the year old 808 PurewView camera phone.
Galaxy Camera vs. 808 PureView: Shoot 'em up - GSMArena.com

Trust me, i have never owned 350 dollars camera that takes such good pictures and has so much fun value you can do with the 41MP sensor. It's amazing.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to actually see what Verizon does to the phone. Rumor is the shape will be different. I am hoping for a better battery but will just be happy if it isn't a total disappointment!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3