If "data services" is listed under "App requires:" would this be a good indicator that this app.....

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If "data services" is listed under "App requires:" would this be a good indicator that this app.....

.....will have ads. I am looking for a simple flashlight that does not have ads.

Thanks,
yeto

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: If "data services" is listed under "App requires:" would this be a good indicator that this app.

Not always. Data services could be needed for you to do anything on internet. e.g. WPCentral app doesn't have ads, but needs data services.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: If "data services" is listed under "App requires:" would this be a good indicator that this app.

Not always. Data services could be needed for you to do anything on internet. e.g. WPCentral app doesn't have ads, but needs data services.

Yes, but WPCentral does have other valid reasons for the data service requirement. I get why he's asking; a basic flashlight app should have no need to use the data except for ads.

To the OP; if you're looking for a simple flashlight app with no ads, try Flashlight XT.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I tried Flashlight XT as per your suggestion and it works great. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,
yeto

Yes, but WPCentral does have other valid reasons for the data service requirement. I get why he's asking; a basic flashlight app should have no need to use the data except for ads.

To the OP; if you're looking for a simple flashlight app with no ads, try Flashlight XT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05