Drift Mania Championship 2

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've just downloaded the free version for my Galaxy S 3 and had a quick mess around on the practice level. It was fairly simple to get the hang of it and you've got your basic controls to drift the car. On the left of the screen is a handbrake and on the right is your accelerator that you control by sliding your thumb up and down to control the speed. And of course you tilt the phone to steer. However, you can change the steering method from Accelerometer to Virtual wheel if you prefer.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They will hopefully add a trial/ad-supported version in an update. I can't justify paying for the game without trying it, especially when I have SO MUCH left to do on Asphalt 7.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i bought it and i have to say its incredibly mediocre. After a game like ashpalt 7 reminds you of the first magical time you played the original need for speed most wanted on gamecube nothing really holds a candle. I wouldnt buy it again...but it is just my preference. My verdict and opinion - Drift Mania 2...It sucks.

Last edited:

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
i like this game but things i dont like is lack of features, gameplay and the car is fake....(bought it for my window 8 laptop)

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried the iPad version yesterday. I didn't want to spend the money and risk not liking it.

It ran really well on my iPad 2, and looked pretty good. Whether or not that translates to Windows Phone is another story. Based on the videos I've seen it looks like it does. The thing that always irks me about bigger developers like Gameloft is that they invest a minimum of effort on optimization. They hide behind the spectacle of licenses and flash, hoping no one notices that the game runs like crap. Asphalt 7 is a fun game, but it should be achieving the near 60fps of the iOS version.

I don't have a problem with the fake cars, as long as they're creative and look good, which they do in Drift Mania. And I'd rather have game with fake cars than an average one with real cars.

Unfortunately, the thing that kills Drift Mania for me are the controls. They're way too twitchy and poorly implemented. I played with settings and it helped, but not enough. I eventually got the hang of it, somewhat, but it didn't really feel like drifting. It felt more like sliding around on ice.

I have the impression that they were trying to go for realism. Normally I'd like that approach, but then normally I'd be playing one of those games with a controller or a racing wheel. Realism and tablets or smartphones don't quite mix.

I will add that the game has gotten consistently good reviews, so my experiences might be unique to me. You'll get more out of the game once you get past the learning curve.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I like the game a lot. Its fun in simple words. How ever...
? Its lack of real cars is horrible. It's a niche sport and real cars is key.
? System menu is a bit rough and annoying.

But game play is really fun, a bit hard, but fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa