New newsreader "Metrofeed" any thoughts?

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Came across this app today and it looked really nice. Seems to have potential. A little buggy but very nicely presented. Have any of you guys and gals seen this app yet?

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Looking forward to trying it out. It seems that unfortunately there is no live tile support. At least not in WP7.8. Kinda sad since it seems like an obvious feature in such an app. But it seems quite cool.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya I like it. Hopefully the developer will continue to update it. And I can confirm no live tile on my 920 either.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've been using it throughout the day and here are some thoughts.

I still like it. It gives a nice selection of categories and sites to choose from. However, the "Latest" tab I find is a bit weird in it's design. It'll only show 2 news at a time, and you cannot scroll through it but have to wait for it to go through the sections by it's own rate. I'd prefer a design more similar to that of the WPCentral app which gives very easy access to new articles. I admit this may be awkard if you have many categories but the design is not quite efficient yet. Furthermore, a lot of space is being used for nothing really in the top, bottom and left side which makes the design feel a bit "compressed" if you will. The icon is quite nice btw.

So all in all 3/5 - great potential and and easy to use, but the design and some parts of the functionality needs some more work. I will continue using it and hope to see some future updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6