Google Reader Alternatives

daniel187

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
As you've probably heard, google reader is shutting down. Just wondering if there are any decent WP8 rss apps that do not use google reader as their backbone? Thank =)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this threw me for a loop this morning when I woke up to that bit of turd on my reader feed. I saw a bunch of sites all posting alternative API systems to Google reader but of course not a single one of them mention Windows Phone.

ScreenSaver24

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Well that was pretty much the last Google service i still used. Looking for an alternative as well but i want something that i can read on my desktop and also on my phone. One account that stays in sync everywhere.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Well that was pretty much the last Google service i still used. Looking for an alternative as well but i want something that i can read on my desktop and also on my phone. One account that stays in sync everywhere.

That's why there is the Newsblur sync. Anyway I will check out a few Readers app and will share the results later today...

sydster66

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but now Newsblur has suspended free accounts...I guess with Google Reader shutting down, why not take advantage of the surge of expats to cover upgrade costs... so I'm also still looking for a WP app that will sync with Feedly or Netvibes. I don't mind paying a couple bucks for the app on the device, but I ain't paying no yearly subscription for the web service when it was a long time free service until opportunity struck. And there's other free services out there, just gotta get one of the developers to add more reader options to their product (ASAP, July's just around the corner). Jeez, first the whole WLM-Skype debacle, now this... life on WP used to be great. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss