High End Windows Phone For Verizon?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
First post here and I was wondering whether there will be a new high end windows phone on Verizon. I am currently an owner of a Droid RAZR M, and I have no complaints. But I realize a windows phone would fit in more with my windows 8 laptop and xbox. Plus I'll be using it in college. Hopefully there will be something for the fall, with a microsd card slot. Thoughts?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
yes there will be and rumor is that next month it will hit verizon with a microsd card slot:)

Are you talking about the lamia 928? I haven seen whether it will have a microsd card slot. Reason why I'd didn't include it in my post.

I don't mean to be rude, but there are many threads giving the answer to your question.

Where would they be at then?

Last edited by a moderator:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
There is a thread for the Lumia 928, rumored to come to Verizon next month. What do you mean by high end? The 8X is a very nice phone, beautiful screen. I'd call it high end for HTC (I have one and love it). The 822 is not the top of the line for Lumia, but it is very nice (same processor as 920) and has a microsd slot (I had one for a few months). In fact, the Lumia 920 doesn't have a microsd slot and neither does the iphone, both "high end" phones. If you mean a huge screen, I'm not sure of the 928 screen size, but probably about 4.5".

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
There is a thread for the Lumia 928, rumored to come to Verizon next month. What do you mean by high end? The 8X is a very nice phone, beautiful screen. I'd call it high end for HTC (I have one and love it). The 822 is not the top of the line for Lumia, but it is very nice (same processor as 920) and has a microsd slot (I had one for a few months). In fact, the Lumia 920 doesn't have a microsd slot and neither does the iphone, both "high end" phones. If you mean a huge screen, I'm not sure of the 928 screen size, but probably about 4.5".

I mean dual core a gig of ram is high end for me. As long as it has an SD card slot. Lumia 822 is not high end because of the screen. Besides the Lumia 928 is there any other rumored wp for Verizon?

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the lamia 928? I haven seen whether it will have a microsd card slot. Reason why I'd didn't include it in my post.

Where would they be at then?

This is the sub-forum you are looking for... http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/

Read through this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-lumia-928-pureview-camera-aluminum-body.html

Also look for posts by Mr. MacPhisto and Honestabebread. They have insider information and have proven reliable about Verizon info.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I mean dual core a gig of ram is high end for me. As long as it has an SD card slot. Lumia 822 is not high end because of the screen. Besides the Lumia 928 is there any other rumored wp for Verizon?

First thing, make sure you don't fall into the trap of comparing Androids to Windows Phones when you say that dual core and a gig of RAM is high end for you. There's no comparison. A low-end Windows Phone is going to give you virtually the same experience as a higher-powered one, because the OS uses that power so much more efficiently than Android does. There's no need for Quad core Windows Phones like there is for Android, for instance, as Android needs it just to keep the OS running smoothly, while Windows Phone doesn't use it because it would mean shorter battery life. There's a trade-off. More cores = shorter battery life.

Second, when you say that the 822 is not high end because of the screen, I disagree. Sure, it has lower resolution than the 8x does, but IMO the screen is a higher quality screen than that of the 8x. Darker blacks, and easier to see in sunlight. All those extra pixels don't do a bit of good if you can't see them. And IMO the WVGA looks just fine on a 4.3" screen.

You need to look at what you NEED in a phone, and what YOU will use it for more than looking just at the spec sheets. If you will primarily use it for music, yeah, the 8x might be better for you for the Beats. But the 822 has really good sound, IMO (I listen to it through my car stereo every day), and it also has a graphic EQ, and on top of that it has a slot that will hold a 64 GB MicroSD. 8x doesn't have that. Nor does it have the apps that Nokia has. I looked at both phones side by side, and chose the Nokia.

Don't go by a spec sheet. Go look at the phones yourself, and choose what YOU like.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
First thing, make sure you don't fall into the trap of comparing Androids to Windows Phones when you say that dual core and a gig of RAM is high end for you. There's no comparison. A low-end Windows Phone is going to give you virtually the same experience as a higher-powered one, because the OS uses that power so much more efficiently than Android does. There's no need for Quad core Windows Phones like there is for Android, for instance, as Android needs it just to keep the OS running smoothly, while Windows Phone doesn't use it because it would mean shorter battery life. There's a trade-off. More cores = shorter battery life.

Actually, on GSMarenas battery graphs Windows Phone hasn't been doing all that great compared to Androids.

Power=battery consumption hasn't been true for long time. You can play more with the new multicore SoC's on clever software, smaller scale chips with much smaller battery consumption per core.
My GS2 with 4 cores and my Lumia 920 last way longer than the Droid, iPhone 4 or N900 with their one core processors.

Rather than thinking can the UI be smoother with a better SoC, we should think it more of a bottleneck opener that makes possible HDMI out, supporting that Nokia 41MP sensor and better video processing, supporting newest versions of bluetooth, supporting newest NFC protocols etc etc. Also newer OS version should not be hampered too much by the past hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3