WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps trolling me. Every morning I wake up and see an app update on the store tile.

Always think it's whatsapp but it never is :(

Antonio Leonardo

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Does someone have contact with someone from the WhatsApp team? It would be nice if they could tell us how is the development going.

I have the impression they don't care about WP at all.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does someone have contact with someone from the WhatsApp team? It would be nice if they could tell us how is the development going.

I have the impression they don't care about WP at all.
Although the current version is laggy, it's not completely unusable. I'd rather wait and have a stable responsive app than another buggy version.

pukkiewp

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I did got mailed by Whatsapp about my question when the release will be

this was the answer

Jami T. (WhatsApp Support)

Jun 09 11:53 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks for your message.
We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Jami T.

WhatsApp Support Team

averdadesalvara

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
People, try the last version of Line.

Is really, really, really perfect! Fast, no "fast resume". I really liked that.

I will use less and less Whatsapp while they don't update the software.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
People, try the last version of Line.

Is really, really, really perfect! Fast, no "fast resume". I really liked that.

I will use less and less Whatsapp while they don't update the software.

Around 100 of my contacts use WhatsApp. None of them uses Line. That's the problem with alternatives...

TheDrypa

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy a windows phone 8 as soon as possible, but I simply won't get one if WhatsApp is not working properly. The only reason I have for owning a smartphone is web browsing and WhatsApp. As soon as the update lands on WP8 And WhatsApp is working like it should, I'm buying a nokia lumia. If the update takes to long or simply doesn't fix the issues, I'm buying something else.

Patty Bee

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So weird... normally I always have issues when other people don't but my Whatsapp is running very OK! Not supa dupa smooth but it actually is working quite well... No crashes, good notifications (9/10 times), sending & receiving pictures..

Don't want to rub it in somebody's nose but my whatsapp is working ok, just to let you know ;)

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy a windows phone 8 as soon as possible, but I simply won't get one if WhatsApp is not working properly. The only reason I have for owning a smartphone is web browsing and WhatsApp. As soon as the update lands on WP8 And WhatsApp is working like it should, I'm buying a nokia lumia. If the update takes to long or simply doesn't fix the issues, I'm buying something else.

Yes, the wp7/8 whatsapp app misses some features and it can be slow at times but it's not nearly as broken as people make it out to be, and then you get the wrong impression because you can't test it out yourself, I'm not saying it doesn't need an update (I CAN'T WAIT) but you shouldn't skip wp because whatsapp has some bugs... (wich are getting fixed very very soon!)

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

WhatsApp works just fine, notifications and all. About the only major thing it's missing from other platforms (and the new update should correct this), is sending previously recorded video to your contacts.

As for your "If it doesn't work I'm buying someone else", I'm sure there's a collective yawn out of almost everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos