WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah same problem with me too..any idea what the issue is? And the general issue of push notifications which everyone is encountering..is it a problem,with the Microsoft push notification servers or with WhatsApp? And my WhatsApp works fine on wifi..but horrible on 2G!
Sent from lumia 920

i dont feel its just Whatsapp error.. dont receive notification for Facebook too. still if we turn off the net and turn on again, it comes back to life.. :p

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha..then it must be an error of the Microsoft push notification servers!! And its veryy irritattttingggg!!! Cuz push notifications work perfectly on every other OS! Pls Microsoft..do something!!! 😠😠

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha..then it must be an error of the Microsoft push notification servers!! And its veryy irritattttingggg!!! Cuz push notifications work perfectly on every other OS! Pls Microsoft..do something!!! ����

dont tell MS to do anything.. they will do it only when they think its necessary. So wondering whether they are using IOS or ANDROID on their phones :D

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha even i have the same doubt! :p I shifted from android to windows phone! And i love it except for WhatsApp which is suffering due to this push notification issue! And,my,bad luck is that..i use it the most! And I've had a flawless experience on android..so hope this is resolved on windows phone..ASAP 😠 :(

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am taking the reboot your phone error. Since morning i could not see any incoming message unless i open whatsapp. Anyone having similar situation?

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yupp..im experiencing the same issue! Today morning it was fine..but since evening..im experiencing the same problem as u! Until,I open WhatsApp im not able to see the new unread messages! Whats wrong with WhatsApp yet again? :(

kka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yupp..im experiencing the same issue! Today morning it was fine..but since evening..im experiencing the same problem as u! Until,I open WhatsApp im not able to see the new unread messages! Whats wrong with WhatsApp yet again? :(
I don't think it is because whatsapp. I can not see any notification from skype too since 10 or 12 hours.

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
just try this
1. disable whatsapp background task
2. open the whatsapp application
3. exit from whatsapp (using back key)
4. enable the background task for whatsapp
5. open the whatsapp..

all these done with wifi turned off (worked for me). if not working try with WIFI on..

anyway I never had such a serious issue. I have always updated WHATSAPP, never uninstall-reinstall.

let me know what happens.. will be helpful for all...
no this doesn't work too :(

It must be related to background agent? But it is running!

Sgele

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Its starting to act up again. Has nothing to do with background agent, whatsapp for windows phone does this every now and then. Server side issues as I am getting connectivity errors while i have full bars H+

Pardeep Jha

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
me too facing this same problem.. no push notification... I had this problem few weeks back also. then i performed a Hard reset and then everything worked fine and push notification started working again... Now I'm facing this notification problem again..... I really hate may lumia 920 ... :(

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
So it must be a problem from the ms push notification servers!! But how long will u do this to us microsoft? For how long? Learn a thing or two from android or ios..about apps running in the background and real time notifications

bobster86

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the connectivity error message from this morning, it was working fine yesterday after I install an update on my htc 8x phone.
I've done reinstalling whatsapp or other solutions which people have suggested to get push notifications working, but no luck.
I'm guessing you have to stick it out and go into whatsapp manually to check on your message until it starts to work again.

JainPrateek

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
can't change volume of the audio notes received. The volume remains the same even if my phone volume is 0.
but the updates are making the app better and better..cheers !!

SamEve

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's horrible for me too, Lumia 925. Yesterday I didn't get any notifications for WA, nor the locking/unlocking sounds of my phone itself. I have reinstalled WA, didn't do anything. Switched my phone off for a few hours, and the notification sounds (and locking/unlocking) seem to be back. They also come up in a notification bar at the top of the screen for a few second, but then it dissappears without any other icons on the main screen to show there's a new message..

I'm very frustrated. Only a new windows phone user; has this happened in the past a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre