WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

orelzion

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I receive bunch of messages from whatsapp, then entering the app. The notifications are keep coming.
This is very annoying. Is there a way to force the notification to only show up once?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If I receive bunch of messages from whatsapp, then entering the app. The notifications are keep coming.
This is very annoying. Is there a way to force the notification to only show up once?

Exactly!! I hate this feature on Windows Phone too. I guess this is how Windows Phone handles its toast notifications. Unlike on Android, the notifications are not so intrusive. And notifications will stopped when I'm already reading in the chat room. I hope GDR3 will have a smarter toast notifications service.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
For me it has restored after multiple hard resets and even when I swapped from Lumia 920 to 925.

You were able to see previous conversations? Old ones like a week back or only the unread conversations? In the links I provided, they have clearly mentioned that they dont store any backups to their servers. So please tell us how you were able to see old convos :p

Rojda

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
How can i screenshot on whatsapp?
And people can change background pictures and writings on whatsapp, but i cant?
i have lumia 900

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How can i screenshot on whatsapp?
And people can change background pictures and writings on whatsapp, but i cant?
i have lumia 900
windows 7 cant take screenshots bit i believe there are apps to take one, look for one in the wp store.
You ccan only change your profile pic or status message , this version of whatsapp doesn't allow background wallpaper setting :-( . Android version supports this option.

Rojda

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Lumia kinda sucks.. compared to all the other phones, like Galaxy and iphone. anyways..Can you reccomend cool and useful apps for lumia?

Mopr3me

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I just updated my WhatsApp to version 2.11.59 on my Omnia 7. In the previous version, there was a backup button at (...) -> Settings. When I go there now that button is gone :S. What's happening here?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

I just updated my WhatsApp to version 2.11.59 on my Omnia 7. In the previous version, there was a backup button at (...) -> Settings. When I go there now that button is gone :S. What's happening here?

Under '...' > Settings, at the bottom it says 'Backup' and shows the time of the last backup. Just tap that and it will take a backup.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay I am planning on buying the Nokia Lumia 620. I have had my eye on the Lumia for well over 3 months now. I got the cash and everything.

The problem is that I heard apps don't really run on the back ground (except for apps that keep checking my location) in WP8. So would whatsapp receive messages from other users while its in the back ground? Will it show as a notification in my start screen? Like I am not using it, my phone is locked, or I am using some other app.

Or will it only update the messages once I open up whatsapp?

Thank you. :)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay I am planning on buying the Nokia Lumia 620. I have had my eye on the Lumia for well over 3 months now. I got the cash and everything.

The problem is that I heard apps don't really run on the back ground (except for apps that keep checking my location) in WP8. So would whatsapp receive messages from other users while its in the back ground? Will it show as a notification in my start screen? Like I am not using it, my phone is locked, or I am using some other app.

Or will it only update the messages once I open up whatsapp?

Thank you. :)

Whatsapp will receive messages even if the phone is locked. The start screen tile will be updated and a toast notification will be displayed.
For this you would have to allow the background task for whatsapp, and if using a WiFi connection you have to allow it to run under lockscreen. Also, turn off battery saver.

Its the same for other apps that run in the background like weather, email, game notifications etc.

Last edited:

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp will receive messages even if the phone is locked. The start screen tile will be updated and a toast notification will be displayed.
For this you would have to allow the background task for whatsapp, and if using a WiFi connection you have to allow it to run under lockscreen. Also, turn off battery saver.

Its the same for other apps that run in the background like weather, email, game notifications etc.

Great! Thanks... Does the same apply for any other social messaging or networking service such as skype and other such apps like whatsapp and facebook?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Great! Thanks... Does the same apply for any other social messaging or networking service such as skype and other such apps like whatsapp and facebook?

Yes, WP does allow certain apps to multitask and others to run background tasks. The ones with background tasks can be viewed or disabled from the settings menu

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Inspite of disabling Whatsapp in background tasks, I am still getting toasts. Aka, disabling whatsapp doesnt make a difference at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05