WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have seen many news articles about it. Given Google's current position on WP it does look bad for us (but understandable nonetheless since they are behind Android)

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why MS is not buying it... The move of destroying messenger and integrating with Skype is to compite with the rest of message platforms.. But as always with Ms they are doing slow and bad. You can't force people to use something that they don't want to and people is angry with destroying messenger.. Bad strategy again Microsoft...

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp causes random heating on my Lumia 920

I've been enjoying my Lumia 920 for the past 2 months, without issues, other than the random switching-off.
Yesterday, my friend requested me to try out Whatsapp. I've always been reluctant because of the audio API issues.
I installed it yesterday, and ever since installing the app, my phone started heating up.
Every time I unlock the screen, I realized that the back of the phone (near the camera) started heating up. (I was not using the phone much other than just checking my mail and my messages - that's all, nothing else)
The moment I locked the phone, it was OK, the heat dissipated and the phone returned to normal temperature.
I tried this several time, and every time I unlocked the phone, I had this heating issue.
I uninstalled the app, and now my phone is absolutely fine. Prefer living without Whatsapp than with the heating issues (instead using Viber).

Anyone having similar issues or a solution?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp causes random heating on my Lumia 920

well i've been using Whatsapp since i bought my 620 a month ago and never noticed heating issues...just battery drains that i need to reboot the phone to fix >.<

i rly hope they soon fix this audio "cheat"!

Amrut Mhatre

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Whats app is not coded properly for WP devices, dunno why.
Have had similar issue if i used whats app for long time the phone would result in heating, also whats app is the main reason for battery drainage.
Whats app should solve the audio API issues on WP8 atleast.

Your problem mite also relate to loads of group messages or normal incoming messages,also receiving pictures. as they get downloaded.

Their are some apps that as far as i know are battery hoggers even went not running.
-Tune in radio
-Nokia Music
-Weather ( just weather )
-Viber
uninstalling these gave me better battery.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Whats app is not coded properly for WP devices, dunno why.
Have had similar issue if i used whats app for long time the phone would result in heating, also whats app is the main reason for battery drainage.
Whats app should solve the audio API issues on WP8 atleast.

Your problem mite also relate to loads of group messages or normal incoming messages,also receiving pictures. as they get downloaded.

Their are some apps that as far as i know are battery hoggers even went not running.
-Tune in radio
-Nokia Music
-Weather ( just weather )
-Viber
uninstalling these gave me better battery.

Not facing as such any battery issues. I had only Nokia Music on my phone and none of the other apps you've mentioned.
Recently (after the new update), I installed Viber. Not seen any difference in battery life - but facing issues with viber not showing all my viber contacts.
I realized that only Whatsapp was causing issues.
Sucks that even after Windows has provided the option to keep wifi always on, Whatsapp is still only updating their current version rather than creating one for WP8 without using the Audio API.

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is an essential app and I am really amused why no updates have come to fix the delay in live tile notifications and message arrival on windows phone...Push notifications also need to be faster..hope these basics issues are atleast taken care of.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is an essential app and I am really amused why no updates have come to fix the delay in live tile notifications and message arrival on windows phone...Push notifications also need to be faster..hope these basics issues are atleast taken care of.

use viber that's already working fine, plus VOIP :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

An update is coming very soon!

Manoj Kumar3

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Okay, here are some problems i'm experiencing with Whatsapp.
If i lock the phone with the screen still holding my conversation, im not getting any notifications. I have to quit every time i lock the phone.
There has to be a way of changing the notification ringtone for Whatsapp coz the windows tones are too feeble, and i live in India, where things are not too quiet.
I have to know where the audio files i recive via Whatsapp are stored on my phone.
The phone heats up when i use Whatsapp for some time.
I don't care much about the interface, it looks good :)
I'm using a Lumia 920 and i'm loving the phone, but the notifications in the phone are killing me and i'm missing truckloads of them.
Please please fix this, and we'll see Lumia surpassing Droids in a few days.

VikasShetty

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

Not facing as such any battery issues. I had only Nokia Music on my phone and none of the other apps you've mentioned.
Recently (after the new update), I installed Viber. Not seen any difference in battery life - but facing issues with viber not showing all my viber contacts.
I realized that only Whatsapp was causing issues.
Sucks that even after Windows has provided the option to keep wifi always on, Whatsapp is still only updating their current version rather than creating one for WP8 without using the Audio API.

I would suggest go to SETTINGS>(SWIPE LEFT) APPLICATIONS>BACKGROUND TASK> Block all the Apps

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I would suggest go to SETTINGS>(SWIPE LEFT) APPLICATIONS>BACKGROUND TASK> Block all the Apps
There are some apps you just cannot block. Whatsapp is one of them. And if you could have block it, how would you receive notifications...?

On another note, i hope that update comes sometime this week!

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes with the double wide tile, only the number of messages is showed, instead of one of the messages I have been sent, does this happen to anyone else? And do you know why?

yashshah7197

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else getting delayed notifications?

I've read the message and then the notification appears sometime later. I get messages but get notified of those messages late. Sometimes 10 mins late, sometimes even more.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)