WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It isn't stored in a place that's accessible. The only way you can restore from a backup is reinstalling. And only when you launch it for the first time after reinstalling.
Thanks, but this is not what I asked... I'd like to know where it is even if I'm not able to access it.
Anyway, changing my phone (from htc hd7 to lumia 920) didn't restore my backup.

ESKIBOY

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
For some reason i can't email chat history to myself anymore. I hit "email chat history", but it does nothing. It just goes back to the list of contacts. I've clicked it about 10 times and still nothing. What's the deal with this?

Marie Pretorius

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm Just curious to know where my whatsapp images save to on the Nokia Lumia 920?? because I want to be able to delete them or put them as a profile picture. :smile:

TheDrypa

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
So I just bought a WP8 and I have to say that reading all these comments on how badly WhatsApp works really scared the **** out of me. But after using it now for about a week, I honestly don't see why everybody is complaining. I almost didn't buy a WP8 because of it, but it works surprisingly good. Notifications work perfectly, the live tile shows exactly what it's supposed to show and the messages get sent instantly and I have 0 problems receiving messages or pictures. I don't understand all the negative reviews, or did I just get really lucky to get a perfectly fine working version of WhatsApp on my WP8?

To anyone reading this contemplating buying a WP8, but is scared to do so because WhatsApp is an app you use frequently, don't be. It's working fine, better than on my Android, where I received messages 15-30 minutes late every single god damn time.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So I just bought a WP8 and I have to say that reading all these comments on how badly WhatsApp works really scared the **** out of me. But after using it now for about a week, I honestly don't see why everybody is complaining. I almost didn't buy a WP8 because of it, but it works surprisingly good. Notifications work perfectly, the live tile shows exactly what it's supposed to show and the messages get sent instantly and I have 0 problems receiving messages or pictures. I don't understand all the negative reviews, or did I just get really lucky to get a perfectly fine working version of WhatsApp on my WP8?

To anyone reading this contemplating buying a WP8, but is scared to do so because WhatsApp is an app you use frequently, don't be. It's working fine, better than on my Android, where I received messages 15-30 minutes late every single god damn time.

It is working fine, actually. We are just complaining too much here. We want this platform to be perfect. We dont want the Underdog to be weaker in certain fields so we complain about it so that it gets done. It is the same with the Facebook Beta. Everybody's complaining. I came from a Bold 9900 and I feel like I'm in heaven.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

you are totally right, we just want the audio api gone and some missing features, otherwise it works fine most of the time

kriskiran

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
When i use Whatsapp, that is, when i type msgs and reads them, i am 'online'. But as soon as i open another app and push Whatsapp to background, the connection is cut off. If any new msgs are sent for me while its in the background, i wont receive it until i open the application itself. Sometimes i ll have to send a msg to someone to start the application to connect to the server. So sice I wont get msgs while the phone sleeps or app is in the background, Whatsapp is not much of a use to me. Is there any way I can overcome this problem? Phone is Lumia 520.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
When i use Whatsapp, that is, when i type msgs and reads them, i am 'online'. But as soon as i open another app and push Whatsapp to background, the connection is cut off. If any new msgs are sent for me while its in the background, i wont receive it until i open the application itself. Sometimes i ll have to send a msg to someone to start the application to connect to the server. So sice I wont get msgs while the phone sleeps or app is in the background, Whatsapp is not much of a use to me. Is there any way I can overcome this problem? Phone is Lumia 520.
Check whether Whatsapp is allowed in your "Background tasks" under settings..

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm Just curious to know where my whatsapp images save to on the Nokia Lumia 920?? because I want to be able to delete them or put them as a profile picture. :smile:
In Phone: If you have "Auto-save incoming pictures" to ON, it will be stored in "Saved pictures" folder under "Photos".
In Whatsapp server: If you want to set the shared picture as your "Profile picture" -
1. Select the conversation in which it is shared
2. Click INFO
3. It will show the details of the person (If it's a group chat, it will show you the members list).
4. Swife left to see the "Shared stuffs". :smile:

lk1508

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone app for WhatsApp allows only 30 member in a group. I have a requirement for a group where the limit needs to be increased. Is there a way the limit can be increased to 50 as allowed by WhatsApp?

ESKIBOY

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
My Whatsapp used to run flawlessly, but recently i've encountered problem after problem. Today is a new one. Whatsapp has just started to delete messages once they reach the top of the screen where you have to scroll up. Done everything, but i can't solve this problem.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
My whatsapp works fine for the most part. Very rarely encounter problems and when I do they're not major so I don't really mind putting up with them until the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro