WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivirus

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No one here has a clue when its coming out, anyones guess is as good as any one else's test. A beta tester is just a beta tester and does not get any info on when it will be released. A suggested release date of 1st week of July is just a guess, it could be the 2nd week or the 3rd week or sometime in August or September, etc... We just have to wait :)

As for the heatwave in Ireland thats coming when the kids are all back in school! :-D lol

lewis0663

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to have the coming update. I asked someone on Twitter a while back and was told that the released date would be the first week of July.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
First week of July? Ok.....

I Woke up today (1st day of JULY ), checking updates........................................................ Whatsapp 2.9.4.0 -- 02/24/2013.... :eek:rly: hahahahhaaha....

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've uninstalled it and viber too as they are crap at the moment. Now I'm running a muck on my credit texting my lady friend (she's on meteor Ireland,it's a crap network and I'm on Vodafone) so hurry up and update!!! I just wanna wake up for work in the morning with whatsapp version 3.0 released on my WPcentral live tile!! Lol

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So the BB10 version got updated to v2.10.XXXX

It was already more feature complete than WP before the update. Now it just extends the lead even more. Androids been updated several times in past week (I distinctly remember 2 updates) but since its largely feature complete, they were mostly bug fix updates.

I sure hope they're not artificially waiting for July 11th.
The "they're fixing bugs and making it 'perfect'" argument is just so ridiculous because it only applies when you first release a product. The current beta is orders of magnitude better than what we have as the official version. It has 10X fewer bugs.

I'm seriously wondering whether there is something in the app that requires GDR2

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So the BB10 version got updated to v2.10.XXXX

It was already more feature complete than WP before the update. Now it just extends the lead even more. Androids been updated several times in past week (I distinctly remember 2 updates) but since its largely feature complete, they were mostly bug fix updates.

I sure hope they're not artificially waiting for July 11th.
The "they're fixing bugs and making it 'perfect'" argument is just so ridiculous because it only applies when you first release a product. The current beta is orders of magnitude better than what we have as the official version. It has 10X fewer bugs.

I'm seriously wondering whether there is something in the app that requires GDR2

Have you used Whatsapp on a BB10? It's even worse than the WP version

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I recommend WP to all of my friends, family, people at work.... And they will buy a WP in next days... (Lumia 620 and Lumia 920)

I just hope Whatsapp team will not be waiting GDR2... (all these people will kill me :cry:...)

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You are completely exaggerating the situation. I am using WhatsApp all day long and it's not that much of an issue. Sometimes messages don't appear instantly, so I have to press the back button and tap the message again. But that's it... Have you tried to reinstall your WhatsApp?

ESKIBOY

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
You are completely exaggerating the situation. I am using WhatsApp all day long and it's not that much of an issue. Sometimes messages don't appear instantly, so I have to press the back button and tap the message again. But that's it... Have you tried to reinstall your WhatsApp?

That's nice that your Whatsapp is working just fine. I will give you a run down of the problems i've had.

1, I won't get a notification for a message. I open Whatsapp and the message was sent sometimes over 30 minutes ago, ill get the notification hours later.

2, Messages auto deleting once they reach the top of the screen.

3, Only getting one tick on messages, but my friend gets the message anyway. Could take hours to get a double tick which confused me at first.

4, Not able to Email chat history to myself. When i try, the box doesn't even come up to let me select email.

5, Multiple lock ups and long loading times.

6, All messages sent from another person has "seconds ago" written under the message, even if it was sent hours ago.

Those are just a few and i've tried everything. Removing the app sorts some of the problems out, but after a while they creep back in. I find if i switch my phone off and on most the problems appear from that. Your app might be fine, but you can't say people are exaggerating the problems. I know people that the app wont even load. Just go have a look at the review section on the app and see how many people are having problems with it.

Sgele

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have the issue, that I am only receiving messages when I actually open Whatsapp.
Like it's being killed in the background or something. Any hints on this? (Horribly new WP user here, Lumia920)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720