WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't get used to the fact that there is no audio API stream when I am pressing the volume buttons lol. This is so weird.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After installing the update, I noticed that when I go to my phone settings -> applications -> background tasks, WhatsApp was enabled to run in the background. I blocked it. Not sure what it was for. Even when it is blocked, I am (as expected) able to receive notifications when I receive a message. Wonder what additional capability allowing it to run in the background adds.

Paola1993

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget to rate it higher indeed! WhatsApp was my favorite app on Android and I really hope it improves on WP. If they do something good, rating higher is nice, that's a way of letting them know they are doing it right and there's room to improve AND when someone interested on WP goes to the store... Is better good reviews instead of crappy ones, that only drives people away of the platform.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Without the audio api, will my battery drain less?

I don't know. It depends on if you don't leave WiFi on after screen time-out (the streaming API left WiFi on after you close your phone, but after portico I set WiFi on always on my self). But the background loaders and push 'something something ' has been rewritten and improved.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Audio Stream API is still present on WP 7.x.

WTF Whatsapp people??!?!?

You should take it up with Microsoft, because WhatsApp is not to blame for WP7's poor support for push notifications, running in the background, and various features required for a proper WhatsApp. That's an OS limitation, not a WhatsApp thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven