WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I read in another blog, from a user who is a beta tester, that soon there will be another update which will allow us to pin a single conversation to Start screen and also introduce the option to magnify the text (bigger characters) - feature for the people with eye problems. There was no detail on the release date though.

wp_ss_20131016_0001.png

wp_ss_20131016_0002.png

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I read in another blog, from a user who is a beta tester, that soon there will be another update which will allow us to pin a single conversation to Start screen and also introduce the option to magnify the text (bigger characters) - feature for the people with eye problems. There was no detail on the release date though.

Lol am not surprised, whatsapp is not bothered about windows os, they keep making random promises and give buggy updates lol.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
No problem was not because of gdr3, whatsapp last night did not work on any platform, not IOS not android not windows phone for some time, we was chatting on group chat an that happened, and it did not work to anyone of us for some time, luckily it got back to business

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I did, actually, and I wasn't the only one ahah however he didn't answer.
I can give you my opinion though: background image will never come to WP platform. this is simply because it's not in the WP stile to let you personalize the background (you can only choose between dark and light option in the menu). So I don't think that option will ever come to WP.
but not only this!! also saving videos on the phone! this is actually a limitation of the OS. For what I understand, Microsoft has blocked 3rd party apps to save videos on the phone storage (for security reasons - stuff like that). I'm just hoping that things will change in feature - I really love MS and I don't want to change.

athloni

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with Whatsapp not auto-saving incoming images. I have got the setting enabled but it still doesn't save.

I have tried setting the option to off and restarting Whatsapp, then changing it back but with no joy.

Has anyone seen this before?

Same here on a Lumia 920. Auto saving pictures doesn't work anymore.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp is a battery drainer. Once I removed Whatsapp, battery life is so much better on my 1020. There is no such issue on my HTC One with the Android version. And when was the last update from Whatsapp? Android version has been updating now and then, while Windows Phone version is so quiet like still water. Emailed them and no reply at all. With all these kind of cold shoulders from developers and companies, I really wonder how can Windows Phone ever catch up with the attentions given on other platforms.... Really sad to see this.

invictus_7

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
With all these kind of cold shoulders from developers and companies, I really wonder how can Windows Phone ever catch up with the attentions given on other platforms.... Really sad to see this.

THIS, right this, is the real problem now!! And this isn't MS fault, not at all! They are doing everything to catch up with what other platforms can offer (in term of apps and games)!! See, for example, the Facebook app that Microsoft is building for us - I gave the beta version on my L920 and they are pushing updates EVERY FRIDAY!! oh, not to mention that jerks for Google!! Why in the hell they need to block an app that's nearly perfect?? Why?
This is the real problem right now - very small interest from developers..........

felipejfc

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 520 and I'm experiencing some annoying problems with whatsapp and notifications... Turns out that WhatsApp only "receives" messages when I open it... If the phone is IDLE i get no notifications, I've already turned on Wifi Always On and Permited whatsApp to run in background and this have not solved the problem :/
What else can I do? Is this a problem with MS push or whatsapp?

thx!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 520 and I'm experiencing some annoying problems with whatsapp and notifications... Turns out that WhatsApp only "receives" messages when I open it... If the phone is IDLE i get no notifications, I've already turned on Wifi Always On and Permited whatsApp to run in background and this have not solved the problem :/
What else can I do? Is this a problem with MS push or whatsapp?

thx!

just dont post here and there.. and also answer to the questions for getting your problem solved..

Is battery saver ON??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster