WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here, have to keep patience. But every time windows phone app tests my temper...
Welcome and enjoy

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

Mayureshk

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys - For those who are having notification issues after recent updates w.r.t Whatsapp. The only workaround is to hard reset your phone. I was facing these issues from past 30 days and finally had to hard reset my lumia 820 which resolved the push notification issue.

Post hard reset, toast notifications for Facebook,Skype,Whatsapp,WeChat work like a charm.

PS - A Hard Reset may jeopardize the OS, since i encountered the spinning gears problem and i had to brick the phone using Nokia Software Updater.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Guys - For those who are having notification issues after recent updates w.r.t Whatsapp. The only workaround is to hard reset your phone.

i disagree that this is only way....a) sometimes without people resetting it will suddenly work, b) this fix is reported as only temporary

i havent reset or changed anything, and i fade between sometimes having nothing come through to everything working, so i think resetting is bad advice tbh

Mayureshk

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I initially had similar thoughts but i waited for like 30 days thinking that it may resolve the issue.

But one cannot disagree that a Hard Reset is Hokum with a Good Outcome :confused:

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Insert previous made video's and music would be a grateful addition.
I'm really missing this option. You're not going to open the app, make an video and share it immediately.
Also, each message is displayed in it's own box. Why not keeping messages together if someone writes multiple messages?
This takes less space ( same as on android / ios) and makes things easier to read.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys - PS - A Hard Reset may jeopardize the OS, since i encountered the spinning gears problem and i had to brick the phone using Nokia Software Updater.

I guess updating via nokia updater might be the ultimate solution...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...
But what does being in the Nokia collection even mean? There's apps like Instagram, Waze and Vine in there but they're available for all WP8 devices.

Maybe, they are making it into easy access for popular apps section

Btw, does whatsapp have any plan to introduce custom notifications?
everytime, somebody else gets a toast notification I think it's my whatsapp :angry:

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
A very interesting thing happened with my WhatsApp Subscription. My Subscription was due to expire on December 3rd, 2013.

wp_ss_20131023_0001.png

I have been sending emails to their support address via the App, since last few months. when I went to check the subscription again a few days ago, it was renewed till 2014.

wp_ss_20131126_0001.png

I have not made any payment to them. It seems that they have renewed it for my number on their own.

Now, if they have done it because of using WhatsApp on WP8, its a great thing, cause I was pretty much not going to renew the Subscription, especially after getting such a crappy service. Now that its renewed, I won't need to discontinue.

anybody else with such a thing?

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
A very interesting thing happened with my WhatsApp Subscription. My Subscription was due to expire on December 3rd, 2013.

View attachment 50882

I have been sending emails to their support address via the App, since last few months. when I went to check the subscription again a few days ago, it was renewed till 2014.

View attachment 50883

I have not made any payment to them. It seems that they have renewed it for my number on their own.

Now, if they have done it because of using WhatsApp on WP8, its a great thing, cause I was pretty much not going to renew the Subscription, especially after getting such a crappy service. Now that its renewed, I won't need to discontinue.

anybody else with such a thing?

nothing new . Whenever the subscription is about to expire, the app renews it automatically. I have experienced it three four times.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Tip for anyone with notification issues, the problem with mine was from having WiFi set to stay on under lock screen, it has worked perfect since I unchecked it

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Recently I did a hard reset and now I need to verify my phone number once again, except the verification sms does not arrive! Please I have tried everything, has someone experienced the same problem? Any advice?

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
They charge $ 0.99 per year, right?
Also, I had paid last year when I was on Android.

I never had to pay anything, whether it was Symbian or WP. Everyone I know who use whatsapp have never paid anything to extend its subscription. It extends automatically! May be, they gave some special treatment to android :p

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I was on Android last year(2012), it got extended automatically to 2013, and in Mar '13, I moved to WP8. So I am guessing its there for everybody..

I never had to pay anything, whether it was Symbian or WP. Everyone I know who use whatsapp have never paid anything to extend its subscription. It extends automatically! May be, they gave some special treatment to android :p

Well if that's the case, i was stupid to renew it. Now won't be making any payment to them.
My wife's WhatsApp subscription renewal is in January, will be keeping a watch on her subscription status.

Though the question remains, why do they renew when they've mentioned subscription from year two??

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp!!! Its really very boring on windows phone. No backgroung no sharing audio and video from sd card. When will it change. Aftr so many reviews still they have not done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss