Pandora App!!

MFmonster

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Pandora is alright and I have a few music/radio apps that I prefer. My wife loves Pandora and I know there are a few key applications that we use on our other OS devices that WP does not currently have, so for the marketplace to begin adding these popular apps is a great thing. What I think is more important is for the ecosystem to stay caught up with new and current apps. When a new big app is released on ios and android it needs to be released on W8 and WP8 concurrent.

bachone

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The stupid Bluetooth issues that annoyed me in MetroRadio (and Slacker) still occur. When you disconnect from a Bluetooth stereo the music will resume on the speaker. I am happy we finally have an official Pandora app on WP, but I wish it was better than MetroRadio.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a good day. Finally Pandora Radio is on my 920. On my 900, I'll keep on with Graffiti Radio but on my 920, Pandora baby!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess I am the only one that uses Xbox Music which I could care less. Its good for the app portfolio but that's it.
I have been using Zune and now Xbox for years and am finding the smart DJ to be less useful than Pandora. Since it still doesn't do a great job of syncing through the cloud I'll use Pandora to keep likes and playlists consistent.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Zune and now Xbox for years and am finding the smart DJ to be less useful than Pandora. Since it still doesn't do a great job of syncing through the cloud I'll use Pandora to keep likes and playlists consistent.

How so? Smart DJ lets me start a "station" off with an artist or song, meaning if I choose bohemian rhapsody the mix actually starts with that song . You do that in pandora it just uses that artist/song as guidelines for what music to play in that station and starts whith any random song in those guidelines. Pandora also seems to have an issue of throwing in music from your other stations while listening to it. I dont want to hear techno when I am in a rap mood.

Last edited:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How so? Smart DJ lets me start a "station" off with an artist or song, meaning if I choose bohemian rhapsody the mix actually starts with that song . You do that in pandora it just uses that artist/song as guidelines for what music to play in that station and starts whith any random song in those guidelines. Pandora also seems to have an issue of throwing in music from your other stations while listening to it. I dont want to hear techno when I am in a rap mood.

The problem you stated with Pandora is what I experience with Xbox Music's Smart DJ. Often times when I select an artist and select smart dj the song selection is nothing similar to the artist, and sometimes doesn't even include any of that artists songs. I don't know if the algorithms are the same between Xbox music and Zune but I seem to have better luck with Zune on my PC than Xbox Music on my 920.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The problem you stated with Pandora is what I experience with Xbox Music's Smart DJ. Often times when I select an artist and select smart dj the song selection is nothing similar to the artist, and sometimes doesn't even include any of that artists songs. I don't know if the algorithms are the same between Xbox music and Zune but I seem to have better luck with Zune on my PC than Xbox Music on my 920.

So the way I avoid that and I agree its kinda lame is to download the track and then SmartDJ leads with that song. But it is usually stuff that I have already downloaded for offline play so it is rarely an extra step for me. Maybe it is an issue of ownership since downloading a track on Xbox Music makes you the owner as long as you have the subscription and it could be why it cant be done in Pandora, talking out my ass on this one though lol. Also I usually notice the bad mixes on newer artist i.e. Macklemore. Maybe they are confused about what a similar genre of a new artist is?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pandora is out for windows phone

Loving it right now... and for the last few hours ;)

The music track selection is on target... Nokia Music while it good because it's free, is sometimes so far off the original genre selection that it isn't even funny.

Pandora works great and music quality sounds excellent.

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pandora is out for windows phone

Outstanding that it's finally on WP. Love the Nokia music as well but this is my main staple for music and I do say hallelujah!

twixy16

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something about this official Pandora app craze? Metro radio still seems much better to me with the unlimited skips. I don't understand why everyone is so excited..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077