Post update, Amazing Weather HD live tiles showing daytime instead of night?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Amazing Weather HD update today (on my L920) and I like the look of the new richer wide tiles. However, I just noticed (its past 11 in the night here in the west coast) that the live tile is currently showing daytime instead of night. I opened the app to force a tile update and it still shows blue skies. I have no issues with the tile updating periodically, in fact it IS updating every hour but is showing the incorrect picture during the night (that of daytime instead of night). Here is a snapshot: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Anybody else noticing similar behavior? If the dev is following this thread, I request that this be fixed please.

Last edited:

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having this issue- Nokia 822. The app seems to sync by the hour. I would try reinstalling it and changing the setting to every hour (or preference). It also might be an issue of certain data services being turned off. Try enabling location services.

My issue with the app has more to do with aesthetics. The daytime tile is gorgeous while the nighttime is just dark and blah imo. In other words, I wish I had the glitch your experiencing. :p

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having this issue- Nokia 822. The app seems to sync by the hour. I would try reinstalling it and changing the setting to every hour (or preference). It also might be an issue of certain data services being turned off. Try enabling location services.

My issue with the app has more to do with aesthetics. The daytime tile is gorgeous while the nighttime is just dark and blah imo. In other words, I wish I had the glitch your experiencing. :p
I have no issues with the live tile updating every hour. It does! The problem is that it is displaying a daytime picture (blue skies, look at my posted screenshot) in the tile in the middle of the night.
PS: My OP might not have been very clear, so I edited it to clarify the problem.

Edit: Here is another very recent screenshot, taken from within the "pin tile" section of the app: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror
The time is 1:55am and the realistic tile doesn't show night sky, still daytime. So un-pinning and re-pinning doesn't fix the problem. Somehow the app "seems" to be picking the incorrect picture that goes on the tile. Maybe a combination of location, time and weather conditions?

Last edited:

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
That's what it's showing on mine.
It could be that that picture is what the weather is supposed to be on that day, not necessarily at that moment.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was concerned about the statement that the developer was removing the black background. I live in Washington, where the sun is not out very often. It was snowing this morning and the tile showed overcast with a blue sky and sun. In truth, there was no sun and the sky was grey as normal.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's what it's showing on mine.
It could be that that picture is what the weather is supposed to be on that day, not necessarily at that moment.

prior to the update, the picture on the tile always showed night sky and moon during the night, so it is this update that messed things up.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated last night and did not have this issue with the real theme tile that shows current temperature. The daily forecast showed a daytime scene, but the current showed a night time scene. Did you try unpinning the tile and then re-pinning from the app. If that doesn't work I would reinstall it.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Dev just replied to me via Twitter and mentioned that they've just submitted the submitted the fix to MSFT for testing. That's a super-quick response. Love this app and the dev. A big thank you from me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99