Is Drift Mania Championship 2 worth it?

mepaulrye

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Im thinking of buying Drift Mania Championship 2, is it worth the price and is it an online-only game? Also is Shark Dash any good?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that there is already another thread for this game, and from what I read, it's not worth it. As for Shark Dash, I played the trial. To me, it's Angry Birds in a bathtub. Not for me, but if you like Angry Birds, you'd like Shark Dash.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought Drift mania and its actually quite fun. Its really smooth, but the biggest gripe I have is its controls. You will get frustrated because it seems you can't control the vehicle like you want despite the options of controls. For a couple bucks and its offline and online multiplayer, its a descent deal.

I haven't tried Shark Dash.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you played Asphalt 7 yet? It's cheaper than this racing game, and offers a wider variety of race types. I've been playing it for 3 weeks, and I still love it.

mepaulrye

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I bought it a week ago and been playing it every day. I'm more of a sim-racing guy, I cant wait to get my hands on Real Racing when it comes out.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you like racing sims you're probably not going to like Drift Mania Championship 2. It does look pretty good and runs very smoothy. However, despite the pretense of realism the drifting doesn't seem real at all, it feels like your car is sliding around on ice. Making things worse are the hyper sensitive controls. There is quite a range of adjustment, but the controls seem to swing between to sensitive and not nearly sensitive enough.

In iOS, there's a free version of the game which is how I was able to try it. If you have that option I suggest doing that first.

It's possible people with more patience than I can master the game. But it doesn't seem worth the trouble given how unrealistic it feels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb