temple run available now

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Terrible graphics, terrible frame rate. Thanks but no thanks. Gravity Guy 2 will definitely get my money. Very smooth, and reminds me of jetpack joyride a lot.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
oh yeah, i completely agree. Gravity guy 2 is a hundred times superior. Temple run lost my attention already, just figured someone would want to know haha still today feels like christmas with the overwhelming amount of releases

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it installed fine for me, though they hilariously ignored getting a live tile (it's just a red square with a white square inside). I haven't tried the game at all, just installed it so my little brother could play, if he wanted.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Never liked it tbh, wish we had subway surfers or agent dash which look better and are more fun to play.

Gravity guy 2 is awesome too, im rubbish at it but its a great game.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
why the fu does temple run needs 1Gb ram? low-end droids can run even temple run 2...this is bs lol not that i care that much about the game but just pointing the stupidity of this lol

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
why the fu does temple run needs 1Gb ram? low-end droids can run even temple run 2...this is bs lol not that i care that much about the game but just pointing the stupidity of this lol

Yeah, I'm guessing two things:

1. It's not optimized for **** on WP8, so it's probably a bit of a sluggish mess.
2. Microsoft is MUCH more-stringent on hardware consumption by applications.

That second one might be a factor into why WP tends to run more smoothly than Android--you can't have apps just eat away at the RAM and CPU until they slow the whole OS down.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Never liked it tbh, wish we had subway surfers or agent dash which look better and are more fun to play.

Gravity guy 2 is awesome too, im rubbish at it but its a great game.

Never heard of Agent Dash nor have I played Temple Run or Subway Surfers before, so no idea which is better. I did just play Temple Run for a couple of minutes, just to see how it ran (didn't notice any problems), though I didn't find it to be anything impressive. Subway Surfers at least LOOKED cooler than Temple Run, as its bright, vivid landscape was more appealing, especially if you're playing with the brightness on low (where Temple Run just looks dreary and depressing, to an extent).

shpepin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Games are #1 in what ISN'T lame. What do you consider not-lame, Instagram?

Im looking at iit from the perspective of getting people moved over to WP. Instagram for how ever lame it is will do that 100x more than any game that's out there. And by extension when people migrate the app selection and quality will increase...then you can have all the precious games you want

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After getting a score of 23 million on my iPad, I got bored with Temple Run. Made the mistake of buying Temple Run: Brave - boy what a mediocre piece of software that was. Temple Run is the kind of game you have to spend a lot of time playing to get to that one high score. After that, it's a series of low scores and then, perhaps, a high score again.

Thanks, but no thanks. Have better things to do with my time.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Im looking at iit from the perspective of getting people moved over to WP. Instagram for how ever lame it is will do that 100x more than any game that's out there. And by extension when people migrate the app selection and quality will increase...then you can have all the precious games you want

Well, you might take a moment to remember that Temple Run and Instagram come from different companies. That one came out today, it doesn't at all mean the other was delayed. They do not conflict with each other in any way, so the complaints that these games came out because people want Instagram are completely pointless.

shpepin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, you might take a moment to remember that Temple Run and Instagram come from different companies. That one came out today, it doesn't at all mean the other was delayed. They do not conflict with each other in any way, so the complaints that these games came out because people want Instagram are completely pointless.

true enough, I guess I just find the hype wasn't worth the delivery? In my mind anyways..either way getting stuff is good

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
true enough, I guess I just find the hype wasn't worth the delivery? In my mind anyways..either way getting stuff is good

I agree, though I care nothing of most apps people are crying for, I was hoping it would be Instagram to shut everyone up on that front. I was just appalled at how many people seemed genuinely mad that Temple Run got released over on the story's comments.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm guessing two things:

1. It's not optimized for **** on WP8, so it's probably a bit of a sluggish mess.
2. Microsoft is MUCH more-stringent on hardware consumption by applications.

That second one might be a factor into why WP tends to run more smoothly than Android--you can't have apps just eat away at the RAM and CPU until they slow the whole OS down.

indeed number 2 makes sense...i had an Xperia Mini before my Lumia 620...tho it would run Temple Run 2 it was rly laggy at times and a lot of stufd would start to crash outta nowhere (like FB) and sometimes the game was unresponsive...Xperia Mini runs on 1Ghz Snapdragon Scorpion, Adreno 205 and 512Mb ram...so from this perspective, while low-end droids can run the game they cant deliver a 100% trustable smooth performance

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
indeed number 2 makes sense...i had an Xperia Mini before my Lumia 620...tho it would run Temple Run 2 it was rly laggy at times and a lot of stufd would start to crash outta nowhere (like FB) and sometimes the game was unresponsive...Xperia Mini runs on 1Ghz Snapdragon Scorpion, Adreno 205 and 512Mb ram...so from this perspective, while low-end droids can run the game they cant deliver a 100% trustable smooth performance

What about my iPhone 4 and 4S?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb