Just experenced how bad Skype really is, is it like this for IOS/Android?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So i am in a group chat, i have both skype on wp8 and also my surface RT. There is a group of 6 of us i believe and i never get notification in this group chat, ever.

When i check skype, it looks like no new messages, then all of a sudden it comes through and it was like from a day ago. Again, just happened, somebody messaged and i didnt see it until after an hour. This is me checking constantly to see if it works and it clearly doesnt.

Same with RT, skype on there seems to work a tad better, but i didnt receive a message until after an hour on my RT.

What MS is doing with skype is laughable, i had very minimal use up to this point and highly disappointed. Now that i am using it more, it has gotten even worse. Replace live messenger with this? You can't even receive messages properly. So sad.

If anybody has any tips, let me know because this is just frustrating.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Please use the Skype support forums at Skype.com.

My wifes phone had issues but after PMing a mod there its all working fine. They were having some server issues or something.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Skype is so bad, even if i open up the app on my rt or 920, new messages wont show. It wont show until i message something. How bad is skype on this? They need to fix group chat or something because it is an embarrassment if i dont see new messages even if i open up the app.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Win 7 laptop. The group chat messages take an hour to load before I can join the conversation. Does anyone know a fix to to this? Skype community is worthless and I already tried it there

anon(5345625)

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Win 7 laptop. The group chat messages take an hour to load before I can join the conversation. Does anyone know a fix to to this? Skype community is worthless and I already tried it there

Skype community is probably worthless because this isn't something you can just uninstall/reinstall to fix. Been experiencing this since they started integrating Skype with Microsoft accounts. Get a hold of Microsoft and whine until they fix it.

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe they may have left out notifications for group chat intentionally. Imagine the crazy amount of notifications you will get if everyone is active and talking at the same time. Thus, I do appreciate the lack of notifications for group chat.

That said, they should have let the user decide if they want to enable notifications for group message instead of just disabling it outright.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine acts the same way missed loads of group calls and messages unless I'm on skype myself checking every so often. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786