Viber VoIP for WP8 Submitted to Microsoft

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Viber CEO Talmon Marco has confirmed to TruTower that the application has been submitted to the Windows Phone Store and is now awaiting publication, a process that Microsoft estimates (without certification, which may not be necessary since Viber messaging is already available in the store) to take 24 hours.

Viber VoIP for WP8 Submitted to Microsoft, Should Be in Windows Phone Store Soon | TruTower

Sorry guys, it wasn't Instagram that Joe was talking about, it was in-fact Viber!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Its only been available for WP7 as a Nokia exclusive. The time I used, it was pretty unreliable and buggy. sometimes calls would not get through, and the app would crash a lot!

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Has VoiP Viber been available on WP7.x until now? If yes, how has that worked on WP7.x - performance and battery meter wise?

VoIP was available on WP7 Lumias, and it was pretty poor. Can't comment on battery life since I uninstalled the app after a few days, but when I receive calls, all I got was a push notification that took me to the app, so if I missed the notification then that was that, call missed. Half the time you couldn't even answer the call. You could keep pressing answer and it just wouldn't work.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Its only been available for WP7 as a Nokia exclusive. The time I used, it was pretty unreliable and buggy. sometimes calls would not get through, and the app would crash a lot!

VoIP was available on WP7 Lumias, and it was pretty poor. Can't comment on battery life since I uninstalled the app after a few days, but when I receive calls, all I got was a push notification that took me to the app, so if I missed the notification then that was that, call missed. Half the time you couldn't even answer the call. You could keep pressing answer and it just wouldn't work.

In that case I'm so not getting my hopes high considering Skype ain't yet perfect and Whatsapp is hopeless, I thought for a second Viber might just solve it all since it's popular cross platform amongst most of my friends and family. I'll just can my excitement!

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If you look at vibers twitter they said it has already been approved but not yet published because they want to make those last minute tweaks

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried a call, works fine

will play around with it a bit more

For those whose contacts didnt sync, just try reinstall the app.. and this time when it says syncing contacts.. just leave the phone alone
should work

Last edited:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I had been suffering from several bugs with this app since install. Contacts not syncing property, phone still ringing even when the call ended, some calls not getting through and a few other bugs, I emailed support and within an hour, my viber synced all my contacts and I've just tested and all all the bugs I reported are no longer present for me. Strange, but im happy now.

Anyone else suffering from these types of bugs?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So I've received a super fast reply back from Viber support, which said, regarding not receiving some notifications:

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately this is an expected behavior due to a Microsoft issue. You will not be able to receive notifications while your screen if 'Off' or locked.

As far as the contact sync issue it is under investigation and we should release a fix pretty soon.

We hope to improve the service in future versions.

What do you guys think, I don't believe this is a Microsoft issue as I do receive some notifications.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I do received notifications while my phone's locked too :-/ But that's only while my phone's on Wifi connection
Well, at first I didn't, but then I realized that I've been using mobile data on it. And the mobile data is somewhat auto disconnect after I lock my phone for a while. Seem like an issues from either Microsoft or Nokia updates, may be even a feature to save battery to auto disconnect mobile data connection after a while not using it. But in what way, that didn't serve Viber (or other notifications) well since you're disconnect from internet after you locked your phone for a while.

But the situation's reversed using Wifi (with the option always on's checked). The Viber notifications just come to me whenever there's anything news.

P.S: Another information is that if you're using mobile data and locked your phone for a while, after you waked it up, you can get to internet well. But if you use Viber and place a call, it'll notify that there's no internet connection. I think this's Viber's issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)