Official instagram app is out!!!!

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Come on guys, lets use some common sense. If they made a real instagram they would not use the EXACT images created by some guy last year as a mock up of what he thinks it should look like NOR would they design it pixel for pixel exactly what this guy mocked up.

So incredibly fake that I don't even know why this thread is still growing.

The app description credits this person with the design, so there is always a possibility that he was paid to help with the design/UI of the app. It also being in beta means that the screenshots might just be placeholders and not reflective of what the app really looks like in use. Many developers use a few generic images for their beta apps since the images are not really important at the beta stage of development. An image is simply needed to get past certification, and can be updated any number of times once the app is released publicly.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Come on guys, lets use some common sense. If they made a real instagram they would not use the EXACT images created by some guy last year as a mock up of what he thinks it should look like NOR would they design it pixel for pixel exactly what this guy mocked up.

So incredibly fake that I don't even know why this thread is still growing.

Time to report to Microsoft to ban Instagram app :excited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The app description credits this person with the design, so there is always a possibility that he was paid to help with the design/UI of the app. It also being in beta means that the screenshots might just be placeholders and not reflective of what the app really looks like in use. Many developers use a few generic images for their beta apps since the images are not really important at the beta stage of development. An image is simply needed to get past certification, and can be updated any number of times once the app is released publicly.

how about the fact that the package is a fourth of the size that Instagram on Android and IOS is?

sounds like a near empty app used for trolling to me.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
how about the fact that the package is a fourth of the size that Instagram on Android and IOS is.

lol. I'm not sure what the has to do with Windows Phone package sizes. They are different development environments/platforms. Not to mention how much more fully fleshed out the iOS and Android apps are and how much longer they've been in constant development, it makes sense to assume that the 1.0 of the Windows Phone app may not include every feature from those other platforms, thus it doesn't have to be larger in file size.

Point is, there are definitely signs that this is fake, but then there are other signs that it may be the real deal. I don't think there is enough information on either side to really say what is what. We'll find out soon enough though...

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol the second I clicked on the link I knew it was Apr fools.. I'd say it's pretty funny. For die-hard instagram fans this might not be so funny.. but don't be mad at MS cuz they didn't do anything lol

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This entire situation can be summed up by one South Park clip.

I disagree

tumblr_lkcp5nMbpV1qdlkgg.gif

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs