Instagraph Official Discussion

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Instagraph

I guess we can make this the official thread for the incoming 3rd party app to allow WP8 users to post on Instagram. If you look at some of the comments on the main page IG story, many of the posters have posted their IG pages with pictures from Windows Phones.

So it's finally happening, when and what the heck Instagraph really is remains on lock down until WPCentral drops the bomb on all of us!

BOOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9UQRYt2LM

Last edited:

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Instagraph

Instagram for android was released on April 3, 2012..so it wouldn't surprise me if Instagraph will be released on April 3, 2013 for WP, although I did assume that it would be an official Instagram app released, either way it's a win for Mircrosoft and a loss for apps like Instacam and Metrogram

I do apologize if anyone read a similar comment from me regarding this yesterday on the "April Fools" article..I've never been a fan of redundancies

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

This will be great. Itll be nice to be able to upload from my phone.

Curious if its only purpose is to upload or can we get our newsfeed, like, and comment through it too or am I going to still use WPGram for that. Also wonder if it will give us our notifications. Which WPGram doesnt.

Oh well either way Im happy.

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Instagram will block the app from posting pictures in less than one day.

They have probably studied how the iOS and Android app made calls between the phone and Instagram server, to replicate them.
They have made a good work, although it's illegal.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Instagram will block the app from posting pictures in less than one day.

They have probably studied how the iOS and Android app made calls between the phone and Instagram server, to replicate them.

Not if instagram opened their API. Which it looks like were waiting for that announcement.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I can't see why wpcentral would generate all this buzz around an "illegal" third-party client. It has to be authorized from burbn Inc. imo.

EDIT: Oh well... Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

Nicholas Valbusa

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Not if instagram opened their API. Which it looks like were waiting for that announcement.
No, they just provide you read-only API. Take a look there: Media Endpoints • Instagram Developer Documentation
"At this time, uploading via the API is not possible. We made a conscious choice not to add this for the following reasons..."

I can't see why wpcentral would generate all this buzz around an "illegal" third-party client. It has to be authorized from burbn Inc. imo.
Instagram allowed few clients with their api (Lomogram), not every home-made app like this one.

Trust me that Instagram will only allows trusted devs/apps to use their API.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The article on the first page states categorically it's not something where a switch can be flipped and the app is ruined. If Instagram as a company decide to change the way their current system operates and it does break the app (a bit like Google and Youtube keep trying to break Metrotube from working??) think about how that will look in terms of PR. Microsoft and Nokia are piling on considerable pressure to let the WP Platform access their service and they've been public enough about it that everyone knows the ball is in their court. If they suddenly break the only app on the WP service that works well with Instagram I shudder to think of the outcry that would cause from a lot of people.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You are completely right... It?s not an "shut up and take my money" situation!

But lets enjoy while it last.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I have a feeling Instagram will lobby to MS to keep it out of the store since it uses some kind of workaround. They will probably label it as an "exploit" and get it shut down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077