Instagraph Official Discussion

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While it's simply a rumor, I have a source who heard the official Instagram app may drop this month, conceivably before instagraph launches. If so, the developers of this app will be disappointed because it would have been a complete waste of their time.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
While it's simply a rumor, I have a source who heard the official Instagram app may drop this month, conceivably before instagraph launches. If so, the developers of this app will be disappointed because it would have been a complete waste of their time.
Instagraph could be out by tomorrow, the real app who knows but it is being made for sure with all of the rumors and posts by WPCentral and the Verge

CalumSK

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well that leaker on twitter, anontechleaks, a while ago said that the official Instagram should be coming next month, along with Temple Run 2, wouldnt surprise me if his screenshots were fake though
But if you can filter and upload with Instagraph ill be happy

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Instagraph could be out by tomorrow, the real app who knows but it is being made for sure with all of the rumors and posts by WPCentral and the Verge

The real app could come out tonight.

My point is, it's clear that instagram app is coming. If so, I imagine they will ask Microsoft to not allow instagraph into the marketplace. While it may technically be a "legal" workaround, MS will side with Instagram and pull it from the marketplace if asked.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The real app could come out tonight.

My point is, it's clear that instagram app is coming. If so, I imagine they will ask Microsoft to not allow instagraph into the marketplace. While it may technically be a "legal" workaround, MS will side with Instagram and pull it from the marketplace if asked.

Why would instagram bother to do anything about instagraph? instagraph can't be free and not add supported, it has costed money and it's operations will cost monthly fees. So instagraph is not a problem for istagram not even a nuisance. And MS has some stated rule about app submission it does not bring down apps just because someone says so.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I'm not sure how this is an illegal way to submit pictures to Instagram. Anyone tried Bluestacks before?

I find it quite funny and ironic that their API remains restricted because they don't want "low res pictures". Clearly they didn't realize what Android is.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I find it quite funny and ironic that their API remains restricted because they don't want "low res pictures". Clearly they didn't realize what Android is.

Of course this is not the reason but it sounds good when you put it that way.
If given access to upload api would you make that api request with data that are usefull to instagram? Like what other apps are running in the background, contacts from the phone, gps location or other data that can be mined from the phone? Stating that you don't want to allow access because you want to keep up with quality of the photos makes me laugh. Once you apply a filter to the photo what quality are we talking about? Because that clearly is not an real life photo anymore.

Instagram being free for the user and making money is not about your photos anymore. Apply a filter to the photo and it's useless to them. So they need additional data about you to be able to make a profit. Likes on other people photos also won't tell much about you so cant be of much value for advertisement purposes. So for them the android platform is heaven with wp8 being more like a ****.

If you look at the permissions for the app in the google play you have a glimpse at what the real purpose of instagram is. And keep in mind that ios does not implement a permission list so some data from ios can be retrieved without you even knowing about that.

if wp8 was more open like android I'm sure that by now we would have an instagram on the platform.

Undersky

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want to post it to Facebook / Twitter, then just use IFTTT https://ifttt.com/
You put up simple rules with triggers and actions. I put up mine like this:

If I post a photo to Instagram with a tag that says #fb then it should create a post on Facebook with the url and text to that photo. A slight delay of up to 15 minutes is to be expected, but it will get there.

You can do all sorts of fun stuff with IFTTT =)

liamjanin

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Instagraph

I think they would remove it if Instagram asked them. If they **** Instagram off an official app may never come. lol

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
It's been like 3 days since it was approved, and we still can't download it...is this a bad sign? On the other hand they might be waiting until the Facebook Home news dies down, so that we get more coverage.

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
It's been like 3 days since it was approved, and we still can't download it...is this a bad sign? On the other hand they might be waiting until the Facebook Home news dies down, so that we get more coverage.

The delay more likely has to do with their workaround, it probably stopped working or is working poorly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss