Instagraph Official Discussion

Pelle Lbergh

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually at the point that I wouldn't even pay .99?, simply because I don't think it would be that long before they're served with either a cease and desist or hopefully, an official, free app is released.
Actually I expect the official instagram app to be available before instagraph is, at this rate.

I don't know why they'd get a c & d cuz I don't see what instagraph r doing wrong.

sinclairinator

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Charging for an unofficial app that uses a workaround to allow upload of photos will definitely generate a c & d from facebook. I'm holding out until an official Instagram app appears.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Charging for an unofficial app that uses a workaround to allow upload of photos will definitely generate a c & d from facebook. I'm holding out until an official Instagram app appears.

Doubt it as already stated, on other platforms there are 3rd party apps that aren't free that can post, comment, and like to instagram.

Last edited:

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Doubt it as already stated, on other platforms there are 3rd party apps that aren't free that can post, comment, and like to instagram.

Those apps actually have permission from instagram to do so. Instagraph doesn't. That alone makes me think they'd get shut down. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the app will be available within 48 hours according to Plaffo - Instagraph: Prezzo e nuove info in attesa che sia disponibile al download! (Anteprima)

From what i can scramble from Google translate at least, the app will sell for 2.49 Euros and 'the purchase of the app will initially sending 3 photos a day' or in other words, a max of 3 images uploaded.

which will of course be a huge dissapointment. I'm going to buy the app just to show appreciation that they are the first company to bring uploading to the platform, and the article also says they are working hard to bring this to WP7 and Windows 8/RT with both in beta currently, despite it's apparent functionality flaws.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Uhm. 3 photos/day? No way am I gonna pay for that. A FREE version could have that restriction, NOT a paying customer!

The article does say it will be increased:

The app will be available on Windows Phone at a price of € 2.49 , the price is to cover the cost incurred by the company for its development, the cost of maintaining the server (Azure) that will manage the whole and the hundreds of cards mothers of iOS and Android smartphones useful for sending the photos without going against the rules of Instagram. For this reason the developers decided that at the time this will not be a trial version of the application and that the purchase of the app will initially sending 3 photos per day (this figure corresponds to the average number of photos posted on Instagram, which however will be increased in the coming weeks ).

(Google Translated)

olivercorb

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I imagine their server setup will not be ideal for the thousands of possible photo uploads per day from users, especially a company as small as theirs, ESPECIALLY in the first few days when all of us who have been waiting suddenly download it. If you bought SimCity you'll understand exactly what server problems incur; i'd rather have a relatively easy time uploading 3 a day than get infuriated at not being able to upload any.

Got a feeling some patience will be required in the weeks to follow.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
They probably cap it because they have limited relay servers, and if everyone was unlimited they are probably worried about loading issues. Once they get some loading information after being live I assume they may change it.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the app will be available within 48 hours according to Plaffo - Instagraph: Prezzo e nuove info in attesa che sia disponibile al download! (Anteprima)

From what i can scramble from Google translate at least, the app will sell for 2.49 Euros and 'the purchase of the app will initially sending 3 photos a day' or in other words, a max of 3 images uploaded.

which will of course be a huge dissapointment. I'm going to buy the app just to show appreciation that they are the first company to bring uploading to the platform, and the article also says they are working hard to bring this to WP7 and Windows 8/RT with both in beta currently, despite it's apparent functionality flaws.

Looks like you can create an Instagram account as well through the app, which is certainly a nice touch. Since Rubino said that it wasn't possible to do this, maybe this app is an updated version, which is why it hasn't come out yet. Has to be recertified and republished all over again.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was intrigued when this app idea first broke the scene, but honestly I think im gonna hold off, mostly because I can just upload photos from my SkyDrive from my 3rd Gen iPod touch, but also the possibility of the official instagram app coming next month

Pelle Lbergh

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Well atm I just send my pics to my email and share thru bluestacks ^^ I guess I'll buy the app and hold the devs to their word that they will increase the number of pics/day.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

the comments on this post...and to all the hipsters that are yet to complain...

(in advance, to all those supporting the devs either by buying it or just by recognizing their efforts, i salute you!)

Instagram is prolly not giving a SH*T about you! They know how much WP needs them and yet they won't do anything, not even release a full API for 3rd parties (Venetasoft requested it and was denied, check the FAQ in the post)! Now some devs find a way around, spends money+time+effort on it: yay, you can finally post pics of your food and duckfaces! but NO, lets QQ cause it's paid, lets QQ cause it has an upload limit, lets QQ cause someone found a way to do what Instash1t yet didn't care not even to give some hope for!

1. it is paid to help maintain/expand servers
2. upload limit is temporary to avoid crashes on the 1st few days, they already stated they WILL increase this limit on future updates!
3. they will prolly add full functionalities with time (they said the primary focus was to deliver uploading images, since other apps can already browse Instagram)
4. go spam twitter or emails to your beloved Instahipster (who abandoned you so far) asking for an official app

srsly this pplz...someone finally gives them what they want and all they do is complain over and over! you've been waiting so long and who knows how much more until an official app? is it hard to be patient and wait to see how devs will improve this app?

haha yeah i went on a rampage but it's just because Instagram community kinda annoys me lol

p.s: i'm not buying the app cause i don't use Instagram but i congratz the devs on their effort, this is an important step for WP while there's no official app around!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's alive... Instagraph | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

On my 8x right now. Logged into my account on the app.

EDIT

Tried publishing a pic, and it timed out after a while... WARNING to those who are about to pay money and will likely get angry. Lol. I will give it some time. There will be kinks.

Tried for the 4th time, and it went into the queue. There is also upload history screen in the app that shows you about how long it should be in the queue. Mine said "1 minute" for several minutes. Their servers may not be fully running yet.

Overall, it took about 4-5 minutes to go from the queue to posted. We'll see how this goes because I was probably one of the first to download the app. I imagine hundreds of people will be downloading shortly and then we'll really know how those servers work.

Last edited:

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I also just purchased the app! $2.50 is just 1 less coffee for the week!

Had a quick play around, as mentioned above some functions need a bit more work. Ive noticed when you apply one of the inbuilt effects/enhancements etc it makes the pic a little blurry/grainy.

tried to upload 2 pics.. both have been in the queue for over 20mins. :( :( Off to a bad start

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo