App to Take 360 Degrees View of An Object - Not Panoramic

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there any app that can take a 360 degrees view of an object?
So instead of we rotate ourselves to take a panoramic photos, we move ourselves or circling an object to take the 360 degrees view of it.

gladbecker82

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought of this myself lately, like a 3d photo. i think this could work, just depends on the object i guess, something like photosynth style app.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I know Microsoft Research already has an app in development that does exactly what you say! I saw it on this website, as a matter of fact. It's a video if you wanna check it out on YouTube or something.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I know Microsoft Research already has an app in development that does exactly what you say! I saw it on this website, as a matter of fact. It's a video if you wanna check it out on YouTube or something.

Oh.. really? That's awesome. Do you have the link?

Maxevan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You probably need something like youspin but I'm not sure they have WP support yet. Another option is to build something like this DIY 360 turntable and shoot your object with just your phone camera and then stitch the images together with some software.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Why do you say photosynth doesn't do this? I've done a 360 shot qiut a few times with it. The photo doesn't always come out great but I think that is more user error than anything.

SL4NG

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
They should get this app to WP...
IPhone has it already for 1-2 years now...
You can spin around in a circle or you can spin around an object...
It's fantastic. Check it out: SpinCam

Derick Sowders

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of this as a connection to a 4 dimensional representation as 4D beings (theoretically) can see all of a 3D space such as we can see all of a 2D plane. If we were to take a 360 degree photo around a scene, theoretically we would be simulating a 4D being's vision

alex baartman

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Is there any app that can take a 360 degrees view of an object?
So instead of we rotate ourselves to take a panoramic photos, we move ourselves or circling an object to take the 360 degrees view of it.

The "fyuse" app is what I believe you are looking for my friend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077