ProShot vs Wikipedia

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
I am in no way affiliated with any of the two devs, but I wanted to know your opinion on which app should win, since I saw a lot of these competitions won unfair by buying quotes. So, I basically want to know what's the real favorite, since almost every Windows Phone Poweruser is registered at WPCentral :D I mean, it's a really unique app which brings more control over the camera against a perfectly designed Wikipedia app that I use every day, both deserve to win, but it's always interesting to see other people's meaning.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just don't think we should advertise windows phone by saying "HEY WE HAVE WIKIPEDIA!!" so yah I vote proshot

This and the fact that Microsoft will then have a deeper look at ProShot. I want them to collaborate with the ProShot Dev. The ProShot App is just so much better than the default camera app and every ProShot user would like Microsoft to replace the Default camera app. I could think of assigning the ProShot app to the camera button.

What are we gonna do with Wikipedia? It's a nice app, but that's it. Whenever I need to know something, I find myself using the Bing Search button anyways.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
ProShot.....easy vote for me - it changed my 820's camera into something amazing.

Wikipedia is just an existence that I can find on the internet if I wish.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't understand how Wikipedia is leading in this last round! It should have been a clear win for Proshot - not saying either of those apps are unattractive, but looking at a broader picture you want to show off something that enhances the platform! Wikipedia comes with pixelated double wide tile and still leads the poll? :s

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Too bad, I already put my vote on Wiki because of Rudy. IDGAS about what the app does, but WHO MADE IT.
Likewise, I've always hated apps that filter my pics, which also includes Instagram...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it's not a filter app, it allows real enhancements - manual ISO, focus and shutter time, it features an awesome live tile, provides a lot of time saving features like Burst shot, timer shots etc...

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
But do I really NEED those features? No. Got WP for Xbox and to get away from Google's clutches, not so I could take better pictures.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ProShot is definitely the better app IMO.

Why would anyone even need a Wikipedia app when one can access Wikipedia through the browser?

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Wikipedia app, just one question for someone who does. What does the Wikipedia app do that's better than just using the browser or can't you just pin Wikipedia to your start page if you want it? Seriously, I just think an app should do something, not just a way of opening a website.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I will be a sad morning to find out that Wikipedia is THE BEST APP on WP! It makes a bold statement about WP users though.

I would say it is also more of a statement about Facebook users than anything else. Anyone who has Facebook can vote on the apps, even if he/she does not use a Windows Phone. However, those of us who use Windows Phone but do not use Facebook cannot vote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte