Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

All there doing is taking the mobile touch interface and sticking it on our desktop browser. Just use IE on your phone and go to touch.facebook.com

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

sounds like a first world problem if you can't sacrafice a literal less than 2 seconds of your life for more features.
you're essentially using two apps to do the same thing. It's like using one app to read emails, and another to reply to those emails.

And we're discussing $600 phones here. Of course it's a first world problem. Aren't all problems discussed on WPCentral first world problems?

Talal Al Reyami

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

MSFT not supporting! I think you have no clue about what you are talking.
MSFT is paying Nokia 250 million USD quarterly for their support to WP and most probably this amount going to be increased.

More over if you had read the news today that Nokia has some concern about if MSFT start producing WP and this won't happen unless MSFT seeing not enough work from the OEM in supporting WP, the same they did with OEM for PC when they start doing their own hardware "Surface"

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

MSFT not supporting! I think you have no clue about what you are talking.
MSFT is paying Nokia 250 million USD quarterly for their support to WP and most probably this amount going to be increased.

More over if you had read the news today that Nokia has some concern about if MSFT start producing WP and this won't happen unless MSFT seeing not enough work from the OEM in supporting WP, the same they did with OEM for PC when they start doing their own hardware "Surface"

This deal isn't free. It works both ways. MSFT is paying that money and in return also enjoying Nokia large patent portfolio, Nokia's location and maps services along with Nokia's exclusivity to platform and developer support.

woahitsreeo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Been toying around with how to get the FB app more in line with iPhone & Android versions and at the same time stick to the horizontal scroll style of WP. This is what I've got so far...
fb_revamp.jpg

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

IIRC, Microsoft outsourced the development of the Facebook app. Personally, I'd like Microsoft to take the reigns and develop the app since it's such a major platform, but I'm sure they're focusing on merging codebases between Windows 8, RT, and Windows Phone 8 to allow for easier cross platform development, among other things. The Facebook app isn't perfect, none are on any platform, but I'd much rather them focus on bigger things than the most recent Facebook update.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site

Facebook's stated policy is native for iOS and Android, HTML5 for what they call the long tail (everyone else).

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't get the "lack of market share" argument. Even with a smaller share you are still talking about millions of users. Putting an official app out shouldn't be that big of a deal. You are talking about a couple dudes sitting at a computer writing code and then once it gets writing, it is all down hill from there. Work on bug fixes and pending updates. A few guys to serve a couple million customers. And some say that isn't smart business.

I still don't understand this either. People talk like developing a 764kb app for a smartphone is on par with making the next Star Wars movie in terms of cost and effort. Just make the damned app and be done with it.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Been toying around with how to get the FB app more in line with iPhone & Android versions and at the same time stick to the horizontal scroll style of WP. This is what I've got so far...

Is that app out, or something you are working on?

anzi

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Facebook's stated policy is native for iOS and Android, HTML5 for what they call the long tail (everyone else).

You also have to realise that Android got that native version just recently. So it took a really long time for Facebook to take android as a notable platform...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

rubenbest

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand this either. People talk like developing a 764kb app for a smartphone is on par with making the next Star Wars movie in terms of cost and effort. Just make the damned app and be done with it.
Devs are so cocky and lazy. I wish the whole wold can see your comment

chiron09

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I think it's just something he is working on. Would be sick to that has an app!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft have neglected the current Facebook app, and have made no announcement o tell their customers what is actually going on with the app. The other non-official apps have no notifications so they are useless to me, I just want an app, whether designed by Microsoft or Facebook that works, with all the features available in ios/android version and where I get instant notifications, its annoying when chatting to someone and you don't get a notification that a message has been sent to you.

Everyone tweet @joebelfiore on Twitter asking what is happening, as he's ignored mine.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

i really like my windows phone...(nokia lumia 820), but those apps & game developers dont want make for windows phone 8... Feeling dissapointed and hopeless :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6