Problems with Twitter App

Stentando

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Since I've gotten back my L920 from Nokia care twice, they haven't managed to solve the random resets I experience. This is after they updated the firmware to 1308. I somehow understood also that some of the apps could be causing the reboots. So I decided to embark on an arduous process of elimination, uninstalling one by one each app I installed to see if it still reboots after uninstalling. I'm on my second app and more than a day has gone by without the reboots. And it happens to be the official Twitter app. I'll wait to see if it holds another day.

I was also thinking, shouldn't Microsoft be doing the checks on these apps to make sure they don't cause such problems? I'm no app developer so I may be wrong here.

Keeping fingers crossed...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Since I've gotten back my L920 from Nokia care twice, they haven't managed to solve the random resets I experience. This is after they updated the firmware to 1308. I somehow understood also that some of the apps could be causing the reboots. So I decided to embark on an arduous process of elimination, uninstalling one by one each app I installed to see if it still reboots after uninstalling. I'm on my second app and more than a day has gone by without the reboots. And it happens to be the official Twitter app. I'll wait to see if it holds another day.

I was also thinking, shouldn't Microsoft be doing the checks on these apps to make sure they don't cause such problems? I'm no app developer so I may be wrong here.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Developers need to make sure their app work with Microsofts OS.

Same way when you get driver bluescreens on your laptop. It's not the fault of the OS, but that of the driver manufacturer.

Although, the average consumer would automatically say "XYZ OS is crap". This is the problem we had with Windows Vista.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon