Hats off to the devs on The Verge App

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this app 6 weeks ago on my L920 but never launched it. I got it because I'm a fan of Josh Topolsky and I've followed his blogs for years. But I never launched the app until today and I have to say, it is quite a surprise. It is VERY well done. It has a that Feedly vibe and Flipboard flair about it. I looks fantastic. It be cool if this dev was to put together an RSS reader for WP8.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I never even thought to check for unofficial Verge apps. I just figured that none were worth using. I only knew there wasn't an official one. I checked it out and it's quite nice. I'd like to see a live tile though, even if just a number. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any settings for that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded this app 6 weeks ago on my L920 but never launched it. I got it because I'm a fan of Josh Topolsky and I've followed his blogs for years. But I never launched the app until today and I have to say, it is quite a surprise. It is VERY well done. It has a that Feedly vibe and Flipboard flair about it. I looks fantastic. It be cool if this dev was to put together an RSS reader for WP8.
Which one is it? There are several different unofficial Verge apps.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Which one is it? There are several different unofficial Verge apps.

I didn't realize until the question about which is official that this isn't an official Verge app. Interesting. Anyway, the one I'm talking about is apparently a port version 2.1.0.0. Check vnet.codeplex.com. This is a port but man, it is a very well done port.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize until the question about which is official that this isn't an official Verge app. Interesting. Anyway, the one I'm talking about is apparently a port version 2.1.0.0. Check vnet.codeplex.com. This is a port but man, it is a very well done port.

It is the one from MasterDevs.. Those guys made a sweet Little app
Thanks to both of you. I found it, and you're both right. It is a great app. :smile:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99