WP8 USERS UNITE! Pay it forward app requests for WP8!!! Make your voices heard, it's the only way!!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
We all know the only way to get companies and devs to develop for WP is if they feel there is a demand for it. And the best way to do that is to contact the companies themselves so they have direct feedback from interested users!

So that is the motivation behind this thread. This is a PAY IT FORWARD thread for app requests. This is how it works:

I will maintain a list in this very thread with a list of companies and devs that you want to see app development for. I will try my best to update it every couple of days, but I also lead a very busy life so I'll just do the best I can.

In order to participate and add an app to the master list, you must contact TWO companies in the list for every ONE request you have. Of course, more than two is even better but it must be a MINIMUM of two. And you have to contact them BEFORE you put in your request.

In order to have your request added, you MUST provide in a reply to this thread:

App name, Company name, contact email or URL to a web contact form

Contact info is CRITICAL! The easier we can make it for the community, the more successful it will be. Nobody wants to go on a hunt just to make a request for your benefit.

In addition, you MUST also tell us which companies you contacted (state the list number too to make it easier for me). Remember, you gotta contact two companies on the list for every one that you request.
Let's be honest, people. Lying about who you contacted will only hurt everyone.

Each time someone contacts a company to request a WP app, post it in a reply here and I'll keep a running sum of how many times each company has been contacted. When choosing who to contact, try to choose one that may not have as much love as the others. The number of times people have contacted a company will be in square brackets [ ] so if an app has received love 32 times, you'll see [32] right beside the app name.

Since I am the first, I will pay it forward after more apps get added to the list.

So I guess I will start with the companies I'm personally interested in having an app for:

1. [1] Canada Post Mobile App, Canada Post Corporation, Link to Comment Card
2. [1] Air Canada Mobile+, Air Canada, iphone@aircanada.ca & blackberry@aircanada.ca
3. [2] Receipts by Wave, Wave Accounting Inc, info@waveapps.com
4. [2] PayByPhone mobile parking app, PayByPhone, support@paybyphone.com or Online Survey (request WP8 support in question 10) *this is better option if you use paybyphone
5. [1] Realtor.ca app (WP7 only, crashes on WP8, needs update!!), CREA, info@crea.ca
6. [2] SnapChat; Snapchat, Inc. support@snapchat.com

Last edited:

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted Adobe Inc. via Feature Request form and Adobe Community regarding Adobe Reader for high-resolution WP8 devices. Next step would be requesting all their Touch Apps for WP ... Lets be strong, patient and relentless!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So everybody is constantly whining about not having enough apps, yet when we have a chance to actually DO something about it, you all sit on your lazy asses? C'mon people, let's make our voices heard! Seriously! This is the ONLY way we're gonna get what we want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6