Official Tapatalk app for WP?

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
There may be an official Tapatalk app on the way. Here is a brief recounting of why I say this:

I have been using and beta testing Foroplex for a while. At first the developer was quite active, releasing updates (to the beta version) almost every day and responding to everything on the support forum. Then he disappeared for about a month.

Today, when logging in to Foroplex, I got a message saying that Foroplex had been acquired by the company behind the official Tapatalk. Then, in the Foroplex support forum, the developer's signature is "Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk".

That is all I know. But it suggests an official Tapatalk app for WP. Anyone know more?

Last edited:

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tapatalk app for WP?

Could be. Moledj (Foroplex dev) has not said much so far, but says he will reveal more in coming days. It sounds like he is working officially for Tapatalk now. Here is the relevant thread from Foroplex support:

http://support.foroplex.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=81

He has posted here before, so maybe he will stop by and fill in details? I will keep an eye on the support forum at any rate.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

Foroplex looks nice but I tried using it for one of my regular forums and I couldn't access the sub-forums that require you to log in to view (even when I was logged in).

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

I worded my posts badly. The point is: It looks like an official Tapatalk app may be in the works. This is based on info from the Foroplex dev suggesting that he is working with the official Tapatalk team on such an official app. But it is not 100% clear yet based on what has been said. Anyway, I hope this turns out to be true.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry I know this is off topic but I have a stupid question... How do you create a new thread here on windowsphonecentral? Thanks

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I know this is off topic but I have a stupid question... How do you create a new thread here on windowsphonecentral? Thanks

I am not sure if I should answer since this is so off topic, but there is a "Post new thread" button at the bottom of the list of topics in a sub-forum. That will start a new thread in that sub-forum.

Or in Foroplex, go to a sub-forum and hit the "+" button at the bottom of the page. Not sure how to do it in Board Express. To kind of make this on topic, I am sure an official Tapatalk app would make it easy to do as well.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I worded my posts badly. The point is: It looks like an official Tapatalk app may be in the works. This is based on info from the Foroplex dev suggesting that he is working with the official Tapatalk team on such an official app. But it is not 100% clear yet based on what has been said. Anyway, I hope this turns out to be true.

Yup most likely a Tapatalk version for WP is on the way based on the message you get when starting up Foroplex. Quoord has acquired Foroplex so most likely it will be here soon.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Adding a TapaTalk supported forum search/browser for free and adding unlimited forums to favorites is 90% of what its lacking. Everything after that is gravy like advanced editing of posts--not supported on every forum anyway.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am using foroplex beta. Its still missing 1 or 2 features and crashes, but it's still better than board express pro.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex Beta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers