Two-factor authentication and Skydrive app

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Logging into the Skydrive app is proving to be problematic after I activated 2-factor authentication.

The Skydrive app needs me to log in, so I sign in using my primary account and password, at which point I'm asked for the usual 6-digit confirmation code. I switch to Authenticator to get the code and switch back to Skydrive to enter the code (by holding the back button), but at that point the Skydrive screen refreshes and returns to the primary login screen. I can login again, but by the time I can fill in the confirmation code, it has expired. The same happens when requesting a confirmation code via SMS.

I also tried using a new app password instead of my primary password, but this isn't accepted. It seems the Skydrive app needs an update to stop it from refreshing the logon screen when switching apps.

In the end, I had to add my wife's phone number to get the confirmation code on that so I could stay in the Skydrive app while getting the code.

Has anyone managed to succesfully login to the Skydrive app with 2-factor authentication without having to use a second phone?

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't say i ran into this problem. It said i needed to sign in again, i went and got an App password from the site and it accepted it.

I will say though, that setting it all up initially wasn't as seamless as Google's version. For a while there on the Skydrive site it wouldn't accept the password it had just sent to me via email. Might be a few 'quirks' in their system initially maybe.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Logging into the Skydrive app is proving to be problematic after I activated 2-factor authentication.

The Skydrive app needs me to log in, so I sign in using my primary account and password, at which point I'm asked for the usual 6-digit confirmation code. I switch to Authenticator to get the code and switch back to Skydrive to enter the code (by holding the back button), but at that point the Skydrive screen refreshes and returns to the primary login screen. I can login again, but by the time I can fill in the confirmation code, it has expired. The same happens when requesting a confirmation code via SMS.

I also tried using a new app password instead of my primary password, but this isn't accepted. It seems the Skydrive app needs an update to stop it from refreshing the logon screen when switching apps.

In the end, I had to add my wife's phone number to get the confirmation code on that so I could stay in the Skydrive app while getting the code.

Has anyone managed to succesfully login to the Skydrive app with 2-factor authentication without having to use a second phone?

I just waited for the Auth code to roll over so I had a full timer and then back to Skydrive and entered it before the code expired. Only need to do it once. It was a little annoying however.

TitleRequired

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It was definitley not as easy as the gmail/wordpress integration.
I resorted to the SMS option after the 'application' password did not work (perhaps it takes a few minutes for that password to be active on whatever system skydrive app auths to?)

Anyway my issue was not particularly with the SkyDrive App, but the Photos app, and accessing SkyDrive albums.
The LiveID (or whatever they call it these days) that the phone uses, required an Application password. However after updating this, the SkyDrive part of the Photos App still would not update.
I did a reboot of the phone, and that fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett