Nokia "EOS"

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use my 808 as a main smartphone.. no issues at all. For me the only problem is the browser, and there are no US bank apps.. which I miss from my iphone 5. I actually use the iphone 5 as a weekend/gaming phone hah

I didn't say that it was all marketing, I said mostly, and I used "thus far" .. there is potential in the tech for sure. Also pixel density seems to be a field that they haven't fully exploited yet..

We could say that Nokia did with the 808, but they took a completely different route.

The phase 1 system has tons of potential.. I am pushing it toward the 15-16Mpix range and the detail and noise levels are still holding up.

Of course, the higher you go in terms of ISO, the lower you have to bring the pixel count.. 5Mpix pureview mode being the best

iPhone 5 (800 iso)

808 (800 iso)

100% crop
iPhone 5
pChXcga.jpg

XKVWEr7.jpg

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I use my 808 as a main smartphone.. no issues at all. For me the only problem is the browser, and there are no US bank apps.. which I miss from my iphone 5. I actually use the iphone 5 as a weekend/gaming phone hah

I didn't say that it was all marketing, I said mostly, and I used "thus far" .. there is potential in the tech for sure. Also pixel density seems to be a field that they haven't fully exploited yet..

We could say that Nokia did with the 808, but they took a completely different route.

The phase 1 system has tons of potential.. I am pushing it toward the 15-16Mpix range and the detail and noise levels are still holding up.
[url]http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/nokia/808_pureview/2013052515087GucI0_n.jpg[/URL]

Of course, the higher you go in terms of ISO, the lower you have to bring the pixel count.. 5Mpix pureview mode being the best

iPhone 5 (800 iso)
[url]http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20130516/thumbs/F8Chu41i.jpg[/url]
808 (800 iso)
[url]http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20130516/thumbs/Tn2IUOID.jpg[/url]
100% crop
iPhone 5
http://i.imgur.com/pChXcga.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XKVWEr7.jpg

Love 808 pureview. If finally nokia doesn't implement that technology in its Wp series, I would think seriously about acquiring that phone. Actually my use of the phone is whatsapp, Facebook, forums and camera mainly. I'm not used to play and other stuff, but I like having a bigger screen :(

Enviado desde mi C6603 usando Tapatalk 2

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I also use my 808 as my main phone, for skype, whatsapp, maps offline (when travelling outside the US) and online when in the US, some browsing mostly on opera mini and even the stock browser once in a while.
But it was entirely because of the camera that i bought this device as an upgrade from my N8.
As the above - it does everything i want and need.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So are you referring to one device or two (phone)?
and tablet? wow...
3 letter carrier? :)
Thanks for info / rumor :)

Two devices - one phone (as discussed here), and one tablet. I don't know any specs on the tablet, unfortunately, just that it's headed to the carrier lab very soon (if it's not already there).

4.5" screen or a bigger one?
BSI Sensor?
Will it be launched soon?

Thank you!

But to answer some of your questions, 4.5" AMOLED (same resolution as the 920), and currently running OS ver 8.0.10322.71. As far as launched soon, that is relative - if the carrier has it now, then it's in the carrier's lab for testing/certification; so if all goes well, then I'd give it 4-6 weeks for either an official announcement/unveiling... or launch. My guess is that it may be announced/unveiled at Microsoft build at end of June, which mimics what I observed w/ the 920 (when it got into carrier lab vs when it was given out at build vs when it was launched by the carrier).

Some of the rumoured specs in the links in this thread are true, some are not. Regardless, this phone exists and a major carrier has picked it up.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Some of the rumoured specs in the links in this thread are true, some are not. Regardless, this phone exists and a major carrier has picked it up.

gotta be AT&T .. good for them. This is going to be a hit..

even the stock browser once in a while.

Have you tried to turn off flash, javascript, and auto reload ? The stock browser becomes much faster when if you do that.

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Two devices - one phone (as discussed here), and one tablet. I don't know any specs on the tablet, unfortunately, just that it's headed to the carrier lab very soon (if it's not already there).

But to answer some of your questions, 4.5" AMOLED (same resolution as the 920), and currently running OS ver 8.0.10322.71. As far as launched soon, that is relative - if the carrier has it now, then it's in the carrier's lab for testing/certification; so if all goes well, then I'd give it 4-6 weeks for either an official announcement/unveiling... or launch. My guess is that it may be announced/unveiled at Microsoft build at end of June, which mimics what I observed w/ the 920 (when it got into carrier lab vs when it was given out at build vs when it was launched by the carrier).

And about the tablet... Is it a real tablet or a "phablet"? I would extremely love a 5.x" screen and EOS camera...
Thank you !! :D

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping they would wait for BayTrail for the tablet.. or maybe even haswell, or AMD temash.

I really hope its not Win RT based.. but knowing Nokia's affection for ARM CPUs, it very well might be.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping they would wait for BayTrail for the tablet.. or maybe even haswell, or AMD temash.

I really hope its not Win RT based.. but knowing Nokia's affection for ARM CPUs, it very well might be.

Exactly.
So far been happy for Nokia not going into this generation of ARM or intel tablets. They are simply not there yet, especially ARM side.
I hope they will be on the haswell side or on the next generation of ARM SoC on Windows RT or I see little to no point releasing tablet in the next months.

Hopefully the lackluster ARM Windows 8 sales and Surface RT domination have made them to go for Intel.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully the lackluster ARM Windows 8 sales and Surface RT domination have made them to go for Intel.

I think there might still be a bit of a resentment between Intel and Nokia because of the MeeGo fiasco. The phone after the N9 was supposed to be Intel based.. in fact, the whole MeeGo line was supposed to be Intel powered.

I am still hoping that one day we will see a Intel based WP device from Nokia.. that would be cool :)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think there might still be a bit of a resentment between Intel and Nokia because of the MeeGo fiasco. The phone after the N9 was supposed to be Intel based.. in fact, the whole MeeGo line was supposed to be Intel powered.

I am still hoping that one day we will see a Intel based WP device from Nokia.. that would be cool :)

True, but I doubt Intel would ever decline that offer from Nokia. It was Nokia after all that left Intel to its own with MeeGo.
A bit off topic, but Intel was neither anywhere close to compete against ARM back in 2011-2012 on mobile phones, they still really aren't.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ true.. the bet is on silvermont :)

But back on topic, I wonder if we are going to see lossless zooming in the new device. Considering that they are using the 41Mpix sensor, there is certainly enough pixels to do that with.. especially handy during video recording.

Juanma Herrera

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've heard some new rumours today about an "Eos 1" this summer and a better "eos 2" in Christmas. What do you think? The second one could be revealed beside the new wp8.1 update...

Pd: I think the difference between 41 and 33 mpx is too big. 4:3 mode in 808 means 38 mpx...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've heard some new rumours today about an "Eos 1" this summer and a better "eos 2" in Christmas. What do you think? The second one could be revealed beside the new wp8.1 update...

Pd: I think the difference between 41 and 33 mpx is too big. 4:3 mode in 808 means 38 mpx...

I'm still not sure if that's right, the 33MP part. Even so that wont be a problem and is something I wont care about. You will be using 3-8MP PureView as everyday shooter with lossless zoom. If you want to take +30MP picture you are free to take that. If anything maybe Nokia could add something to the full megapixel mode. Though marketing wise I guess some could be disappointed that they can "only" take 33MP pictures? Even if those megapixels would be used for something like on PureView mode.

As for EOS 1 and EOS 2, I really have no idea. If this summer phone will really carry that full blown 41MP camera right away It would seem weird to release another full blown PureView phone in Q4 already. Certainly they will improve and use that module again.
My initial idea was that Nokia would need to wait for Qualcomm 600 or 800 to get that sensor inside the phone, so they would have released stopgap with 10-22MP phone before that.

FavBrowser

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean summer or Christmas?

Nov-Oct

WP is having a hard time with Blue, from what I am hearing it's very likely to be pushed back to 2014

There is no EOS2, Max is the only Nokia project post EOS this year

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Nov-Oct

WP is having a hard time with Blue, from what I am hearing it's very likely to be pushed back to 2014

There is no EOS2, Max is the only Nokia project post EOS this year

You sound kind sure of this information - care to share your source? or how you know this?
I may be inclined to agree with you on Windows Phone Blue - from what i have read and heard on various podcasts (including Mary Jo Foley), Blue may not be with us until early 2014 - to be honest i was expecting WP Blue in October...coinciding with Windows Blue which will be ready by the holidays...
Kinda disappointed by this if it does happen this way.

I am still of the opinion that there will be two versions of EOS - one perhaps announced in July-ish time - not sure of the bandied date of July 9th, but summer...Nokia mentioned this themselves the 925 launch - perhaps to coincide with Amber release?
Second version of EOS will be announced early 2014 - perhaps implementing so called computational photography - i dont know if that means lightfield or not, maybe it jjust means a higher level of software enhancement? - source an interview by BGR.in with Jo Harlow.
Nokia

Anyone else realize that Amber is A - And Blue is B? :) or was i the only one who didnt realise this? :)
I know - Amber is supposed to be Nokia codename...but maybe?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion